65th TBird Anniversary at the 2020 All Ford Nationals at Carlisle

Pat DiPersia

SCCoA Admin
The All Ford Nationals 2020 at Carlisle will be held June 5-7. Carlisle is planning to honor the Thunderbird for its 65th anniversary with a special display similar to what they did in 2015. Might be a nice event to think about attending for 2020!

Typical Schedule of events?

Just wondering what the typical schedule of events is at Carlisle? Anything go on Friday Night or is that when most folks get in town?

Main event on Saturday? Just looking for some rough details.

Thanks,

Smitty

Just wondering what the typical schedule of events is at Carlisle? Anything go on Friday Night or is that when most folks get in town?

Thanks,

Smitty

Depending on the time you have, people roll in anywhere from Thursday night to Saturday morning. I've done it both ways over the last 15+ years and found it's more relaxing overall to get there as early as possible.

Typically everyone rolls into town Friday (all hours of the day) - the show field is open, usually the best time to look at the swap meet and/or building exhibits as the actual show field will be the main attraction on Saturday. Usually whoever is in town then will go to dinner together - No official set restaurant tho

Saturday is the day of the show for judging respects and also the night everyone makes it a point to go out as a club for dinner.

Sunday depending on travel some head to the show field till noonish - some depart in the morning. Carlisle Events does an awards parade for trophy presentation, most at this point however just get their tropthy and opt out of the presentation portion. Again most of which is driven by weather/distance home.

-Tim

Thanks,

Smitty

Let me know of you decide to go! If a few if the guys from our part of the country do it I will

Back