65th TBird Anniversary at the 2020 All Ford Nationals at Carlisle

Pat DiPersia

SCCoA Admin
The All Ford Nationals 2020 at Carlisle will be held June 5-7. Carlisle is planning to honor the Thunderbird for its 65th anniversary with a special display similar to what they did in 2015. Might be a nice event to think about attending for 2020!

I am currently looking into a new hotel for Carlisle 2020. Last year's was getting bad as far as service and price for being so far away from the fairgrounds. I am also looking into a place for dinner, at least for Saturday night. I am open for suggestions also.
TIA

You guys still been doing that midwest motor inn? Or whatever it was called we used in 2015? Thr free cookout with free beer was nice lol

how about the Quality Inn by the Middlesex Diner? I recall they have a large parking lot too.

how about the Quality Inn by the Middlesex Diner? I recall they have a large parking lot too.

I will looking at that one. I have a few in mind. I just need to see if they do blocks of rooms and costs. I should have something by the end of the week.

Wife, Kids and I will be there for the 65th anny deal. Hopefully my car will finally be put back together also...

A few years ago Sheena and I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. It's also the same location the International Thunderbird Club uses - less of a "party" location but really nice, free cookies in the evenings and the breakfast was top notch. Closer to the fair grounds as well if memory serves me.

Now that we have kids I appreciate paying a little more to avoid any worries about them.

-Tim

Wife, Kids and I will be there for the 65th anny deal. Hopefully my car will finally be put back together also...

A few years ago Sheena and I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. It's also the same location the International Thunderbird Club uses - less of a "party" location but really nice, free cookies in the evenings and the breakfast was top notch. Closer to the fair grounds as well if memory serves me.

Now that we have kids I appreciate paying a little more to avoid any worries about them.

-Tim
Keep the ideas coming.... I am open. I like to make sure there is a good place we can all stay at.
Ken

Possible hotels

I looked at 6 hotels last weekend for All Fords Carlisle June 5th-7th. I have 2 to choose from.....one is 99+taxes/night it is about 5 miles from the fairgrounds, but 15-20 mins away from dinner. #2 is 139-149+taxes/night is near dinner. Let me know which one you would choose if you come. I like to lock this down by the end of the week.
Ken

Hotel infomation and Saturday night dinner

This year place is Country Inn and Suites by Radisson located in Carlisle. The costs is $149/night + taxes. The International Thunderbird Club has gracious allowed us to book under their reservation block. When you call tell them it is for the International Thunderbird Club. They have free breakfast and cookies each day. The hotel is away from all the crazy traffic and a nice cruise thru Carlisle and Dickinson Law School campus and for those who have been coming to Carlisle since the late 90's it is near the Super 8 hotel we got kicked out of. lol.

https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-u...children[]=0&searchType=lowest&promotionCode=

Also, for Saturday night dinner place this year is Black N Bleu in Mechanicsburg at 7:30-8:00pm. This place comes highly recomended. If you are coming, please let me know how many in your party, so I can give them a heads up on count.
https://www.blacknbleu.com/

I am working on figuring if a Saturday luncheon under the tent is something people will also want to do.

This year place is Country Inn and Suites by Radisson located in Carlisle. The costs is $149/night + taxes. The International Thunderbird Club has gracious allowed us to book under their reservation block. When you call tell them it is for the International Thunderbird Club. They have free breakfast and cookies each day. The hotel is away from all the crazy traffic and a nice cruise thru Carlisle and Dickinson Law School campus and for those who have been coming to Carlisle since the late 90's it is near the Super 8 hotel we got kicked out of. lol.

https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-u...children[]=0&searchType=lowest&promotionCode=

Also, for Saturday night dinner place this year is Black N Bleu in Mechanicsburg at 7:30-8:00pm. This place comes highly recomended. If you are coming, please let me know how many in your party, so I can give them a heads up on count.
https://www.blacknbleu.com/

I am working on figuring if a Saturday luncheon under the tent is something people will also want to do.

Thanks for the leg work on this Ken! I will book a reservation this weekend. Saturday dinner would be Sheena, the kids and I.

See ya in 8 month.

-Tim

We will be booking our room soon.

BnB is a nice place we went there for dinner before. It small so I like to reserve a spot for 2 now.

Great job!

Rooms booked and wife says we might be eating at BnB all weekend long. She's pretty excited about their menu options.

-Tim

Made Reservations a few minutes ago, see you guys and gals on that Friday of June 5th!

Now to click on the All Ford Nationals to get the ball rolling

Registered

I’m all set, registered and rooms booked. I’ll bring the grill for Saturday and Sunday

Back