2020 mid west bash planning

pro street rich

Well some people might think this is too soon but what the heck.. We are starting to put together next years bash now so everyone can plan on getting here this time. We are open to hear your ideas as well as your complaints. the first thing is we are looking to move one week later in the year. some people said that the date was an issue. I know the weather did not help much for racing, but who can guess on that part of the planning... We are looking to keep the cruise night as is due to the fact everyone liked it as well as the food. The hotel might get moved next door? not sure on that part yet. We will again do another tee shirt as well as something other than the beer mugs as a special gift to those who do show up. We will keep the free dinner on Friday unless someone has a better idea?? So lets hear your ideas now so we can plan this out. The dyno did not happen but most people did like the car show that was put in place instead. For those of you who did sign up and did not make it you can still get your tee shirt but you have to pay the postage. We were starting to send some out but we got burned by one person so now the postage must get paid first. The one person has been sent a few p.m.'s but it looks like she is just not going to pay her postage.. one person always does ruin it for the rest..
So if you have some ideas please feel free to send them along so we can set up another great event for all to attend... The Mid West Bash group...

Last edited:
A week later conflicts with nmra which could be a deal breaker for some. Would a week earlier be less of a crap shoot on the weather?

Well some people might think this is too soon but what the heck.. We are starting to put together next years bash now so everyone can plan on getting here this time. We are open to hear your ideas as well as your complaints. the first thing is we are looking to move one week later in the year. some people said that the date was an issue. I know the weather did not help much for racing, but who can guess on that part of the planning... We are looking to keep the cruise night as is due to the fact everyone liked it as well as the food. The hotel might get moved next door? not sure on that part yet. We will again do another tee shirt as well as something other than the beer mugs as a special gift to those who do show up. We will keep the free dinner on Friday unless someone has a better idea?? So lets hear your ideas now so we can plan this out. The dyno did not happen but most people did like the car show that was put in place instead. For those of you who did sign up and did not make it you can still get your tee shirt but you have to pay the postage. We were starting to send some out but we got burned by one person so now the postage must get paid first. The one person has been sent a few p.m.'s but it looks like she is just not going to pay her postage.. one person always does ruin it for the rest..
So if you have some ideas please feel free to send them along so we can set up another great event for all to attend... The Mid West Bash group...

Less conflict with the NMCA race in Indy, (Sept. 24-27) would make a nice fall trip from Fort Lauderdale.

Never to early for planning an event.

I didn't post in the other thread concerning the 2019 event but it was a great event. It was nice seeing old friends and meeting new people that I've never met before.

I'm looking forward to next year's event and I know Rich will out do himself in getting the event squared away and trying to accommodate as many people as he can.

will look at all dates

A week later conflicts with nmra which could be a deal breaker for some. Would a week earlier be less of a crap shoot on the weather?

This time of the year is always a crap shoot. The one big thing that gets us is this is hurricane season. You say WHAT?? yes that is what has washed out the two events in the past. The storm move in and then go up and bring along all the rain. So we will look at all dates and see what we all think. Now if you can keep all those storms off shore we will be golden....rich

I'm sure it's just the reality of being right by the great lakes. Everytime I've been near them its rained and or been cold lol

if that is the case

I'm sure it's just the reality of being right by the great lakes. Everytime I've been near them its rained and or been cold lol

If that is the case then we should ban you from coming anywhere near this part of the world.....LOL. but no if you look at what got the racing washed out both times it was the effect of a hurricane going ashore and working up this way. That was the deal in Clay City as well as it was here.. So you got to stop those hurricanes from making land fall and working up this way... or we got to look into getting you banned or have you get a special weather permit from GOD to make sure we don't get any rain....Rich

with that being said

Rich,

Hot Rod Drag Week 2020 is Sept 13-18 so avoiding a conflict with that would be helpful.

Thanks, David

With that info it looks like the best dates would be sept 25th to the 27th with everything else going on. We are sure that we are going to overlap with other stuff, but that is what happens.. So it looks like that will be the dates to lock into your planner for next year.... Your Mid West Bash group...

Back