Benefits of being a paying member?

BossBronco

I keep thinking about joining but this site seems dead. Very little new info for non members, and looks like no one is willing to help others when they have questions.

Are the members only forums the same?
Hate to waste 15 bucks to find out they are.

BossBronco

Traffic is down on the forums for sure. There's alot of good technical, tuning, FAQ's in the members-only forums.

Forums are a little slower to get responses, but who's not getting helped?

The benefits are numerous. FWIW I just renewed my membership a day or two ago and I am still looking for my first SC.

The members only forum has a massive amount of information on these cars that you will now find anywhere else. From repairs to technical to performance there is almost 2 decades worth of info in there.
The community is full of members willing to share their knowledge.
It is a positive environment around here.
Vendors of SC specific parts are members here and are a wealth of information that they share freely.
This is THE PLACE for SC repair and troubleshooting on the internet. It is no accident that SCCOA had been around for so long.

The benefits are numerous. FWIW I just renewed my membership a day or two ago and I am still looking for my first SC.

The members only forum has a massive amount of information on these cars that you will now find anywhere else. From repairs to technical to performance there is almost 2 decades worth of info in there.
The community is full of members willing to share their knowledge.
It is a positive environment around here.
Vendors of SC specific parts are members here and are a wealth of information that they share freely.
This is THE PLACE for SC repair and troubleshooting on the internet. It is no accident that SCCOA had been around for so long.
I had no idea that you didn't have a SC yet, I hope you can find one since they are very rare. I know once you add your engine and parts on your car it will be one cool car. I wish I would have got a 94/95 SC instead, the older ones are harder to fix. I dont think you would have too much trouble with a older SC since you build everything from the ground up.

I keep thinking about joining but this site seems dead. Very little new info for non members, and looks like no one is willing to help others when they have questions.

BossBronco
If your worried about $15 you probably shouldn't have purchased a SC in the first place. SC's are not low budget cars, just rebuilding the suspension alone will cost well over $1,000. Alot of the info on this site is very old so you have to search alot, there's alot of free info and a good amount of info that you have to pay to read. And no this forum is not dead, have you read recent threads that have very cool and interesting projects. I dont know what new info your looking for, It doesn't matter if the info is old as long as it helps you solve the problem that your car has.

I had no idea that you didn't have a SC yet, I hope you can find one since they are very rare. I know once you add your engine and parts on your car it will be one cool car. I wish I would have got a 94/95 SC instead, the older ones are harder to fix. I dont think you would have too much trouble with a older SC since you build everything from the ground up.

I've been looking for a couple of years now. They are basically non-existent in my part of the country. It's been a couple of years since I've even seen any thunderbirds on the road around here.
At least I have the engine project to keep me busy in the meantime but I am anxious to get into suspension parts, braces etc. and see what I can come up with.

I think I was once a paid member in 2013 and I forgot to renew. Now that I’m done with college and own three SCs, I’m thinking about paying the $15 per year. I’m very thankful that so many other SC members helped me keep my cars alive and put up with my noobish questions for years.

I still have a lot of problems that I’ve been living with but would like to fix eventually. If there’s some exclusive info out there that can help me out, I’d be tempted to become a member. At the very least, I could finally have a profile picture ;)

BossBronco

I think I was once a paid member in 2013 and I forgot to renew. Now that I’m done with college and own three SCs, I’m thinking about paying the $15 per year. I’m very thankful that so many other SC members helped me keep my cars alive and put up with my noobish questions for years.

I still have a lot of problems that I’ve been living with but would like to fix eventually. If there’s some exclusive info out there that can help me out, I’d be tempted to become a member. At the very least, I could finally have a profile picture ;)

The information archived in the members-only forums here is priceless. That alone is worth the membership. That being said, there are still very knowledgeable people here who browse and read the forums and respond to questions, though it may take a couple days.

Back