Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Benefits of being a paying member?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    North East Alabama, North West Georgia
    Posts
    2

    Benefits of being a paying member?

    I keep thinking about joining but this site seems dead. Very little new info for non members, and looks like no one is willing to help others when they have questions.

    Are the members only forums the same?
    Hate to waste 15 bucks to find out they are.

    BossBronco

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    English, IN
    Posts
    4,497
    Traffic is down on the forums for sure. There's alot of good technical, tuning, FAQ's in the members-only forums.

    Forums are a little slower to get responses, but who's not getting helped?
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | '17 Spectator | '18 Freeze-Plug Champ
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, Alky-Inj ¶ 387rwhp, 438rwtq (new motor) ¶ Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph (old motor)
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    100
    The benefits are numerous. FWIW I just renewed my membership a day or two ago and I am still looking for my first SC.

    The members only forum has a massive amount of information on these cars that you will now find anywhere else. From repairs to technical to performance there is almost 2 decades worth of info in there.
    The community is full of members willing to share their knowledge.
    It is a positive environment around here.
    Vendors of SC specific parts are members here and are a wealth of information that they share freely.
    This is THE PLACE for SC repair and troubleshooting on the internet. It is no accident that SCCOA had been around for so long.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by jb351 View Post
    The benefits are numerous. FWIW I just renewed my membership a day or two ago and I am still looking for my first SC.

    The members only forum has a massive amount of information on these cars that you will now find anywhere else. From repairs to technical to performance there is almost 2 decades worth of info in there.
    The community is full of members willing to share their knowledge.
    It is a positive environment around here.
    Vendors of SC specific parts are members here and are a wealth of information that they share freely.
    This is THE PLACE for SC repair and troubleshooting on the internet. It is no accident that SCCOA had been around for so long.
    I had no idea that you didn't have a SC yet, I hope you can find one since they are very rare. I know once you add your engine and parts on your car it will be one cool car. I wish I would have got a 94/95 SC instead, the older ones are harder to fix. I dont think you would have too much trouble with a older SC since you build everything from the ground up.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by BossBronco View Post
    I keep thinking about joining but this site seems dead. Very little new info for non members, and looks like no one is willing to help others when they have questions.

    Are the members only forums the same?
    Hate to waste 15 bucks to find out they are.

    BossBronco
    If your worried about $15 you probably shouldn't have purchased a SC in the first place. SC's are not low budget cars, just rebuilding the suspension alone will cost well over $1,000. Alot of the info on this site is very old so you have to search alot, there's alot of free info and a good amount of info that you have to pay to read. And no this forum is not dead, have you read recent threads that have very cool and interesting projects. I dont know what new info your looking for, It doesn't matter if the info is old as long as it helps you solve the problem that your car has.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin92 View Post
    I had no idea that you didn't have a SC yet, I hope you can find one since they are very rare. I know once you add your engine and parts on your car it will be one cool car. I wish I would have got a 94/95 SC instead, the older ones are harder to fix. I dont think you would have too much trouble with a older SC since you build everything from the ground up.
    I've been looking for a couple of years now. They are basically non-existent in my part of the country. It's been a couple of years since I've even seen any thunderbirds on the road around here.
    At least I have the engine project to keep me busy in the meantime but I am anxious to get into suspension parts, braces etc. and see what I can come up with.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    263
    I think I was once a paid member in 2013 and I forgot to renew. Now that Iím done with college and own three SCs, Iím thinking about paying the $15 per year. Iím very thankful that so many other SC members helped me keep my cars alive and put up with my noobish questions for years.

    I still have a lot of problems that Iíve been living with but would like to fix eventually. If thereís some exclusive info out there that can help me out, Iíd be tempted to become a member. At the very least, I could finally have a profile picture

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by BossBronco View Post
    I keep thinking about joining but this site seems dead. Very little new info for non members, and looks like no one is willing to help others when they have questions.

    Are the members only forums the same?
    Hate to waste 15 bucks to find out they are.

    BossBronco
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Leuce View Post
    I think I was once a paid member in 2013 and I forgot to renew. Now that Iím done with college and own three SCs, Iím thinking about paying the $15 per year. Iím very thankful that so many other SC members helped me keep my cars alive and put up with my noobish questions for years.

    I still have a lot of problems that Iíve been living with but would like to fix eventually. If thereís some exclusive info out there that can help me out, Iíd be tempted to become a member. At the very least, I could finally have a profile picture
    The information archived in the members-only forums here is priceless. That alone is worth the membership. That being said, there are still very knowledgeable people here who browse and read the forums and respond to questions, though it may take a couple days.
    '93 Crimson Red SuperTurboCoupe 5-speed

Similar Threads

  1. Have a very safe 4th of July Holiday "New Members" HMB Fireworks
    By Jim Demmitt Jr in forum Super Coupe Club of Northern California
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2006, 10:13 AM
  2. Why are most of you not becoming members?
    By Paul93SC in forum Super Coupe Club of Ontario
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-13-2004, 07:46 PM
  3. How many of you guys pay so close attention...
    By 007_SuperCoupe in forum Non Technical Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 06:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •