Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No fuel injector pulse

No indication of fuel in cylinder or oil fuel is fresh drained the tank when I pulled the engine as I wasn't sure how long I'd have the engine out for refueled 5gallons after reinstall

Good evening

There is another ground to check. 1989 - 1990 3.8L engines harness have a ground connected the back side of the driver side cylinder head.

Quote Originally Posted by sam jones View Post
    Good evening

There is another ground to check. 1989 - 1990 3.8L engines harness have a ground connected the back side of the driver side cylinder head.
    Yes I checked that ground it's hard to get to but it's clean and tight

Good morning

My fault I skipped over Post #1 cylinder head ground statement. You can buy and or rent a fuel injector "noid" light kit to verify fuel injector connectors are receiving EEC pulse.

So I want to personally thank everyone who joined in to help me I'm sure that your time is valuable and it's also appreciated very much I did fine the problem and I am an idiot because I didn't connect the ground wire next to the battery near the headlight found that today car fired right up but unfortunately for me looks like I'll be doing head gaskets now cause the oil pan is full of water not sure how it blew never been over heated wasn't blown before but it is now so guess I'll be tackling that issue real quick has anyone ever seen thr oil cooler leak antifreeze in the oil?

Glad you sorted it out, thanks for the update.

About the oil cooler...I suppose it could happen, sure. You might want to check it for damage since you had the engine out.

I'd be interested in what turned up by pressure testing the cooling system before you tear it down again, tho.

Good luck.

If I pressure test it I'll definitely update you but most likely I'll just yank the heads off gonna do some other checks like momentarily bypass the oil cooler and see if it still dumps water in oil so I can rule that out before I go replacing headgaskets that aren't the problem but it'll be next week before I do anything