shoebox tbird?!

TBirdSC89

I have seen quite a few of these pop up, locally here in oregon too. Just curious of some opinions of them. From the side I don't think they look too bad. I'm wondering if the mechanics and interior are still stock, original. This one on ebay is right below $14k.

Attachments

• 1997-ford-thunderbird.jpg
    1997-ford-thunderbird.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 1997-ford-thunderbird (2).jpg
    1997-ford-thunderbird (2).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 1997-ford-thunderbird (1).jpg
    1997-ford-thunderbird (1).jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 174
AFAIK, they're stock late model underneath the 'new' nose and tail. That one doesn't look too bad in terms of execution, at least, but I've seen some that were pure shade tree. They don't hold much appeal for me, tho.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Ford-Thunderbird/143107992580?hash=item2151e6ac04:g:OsMAAOSwuytcT7uq
s-l500.jpg

-=-
1996-Ford-Thunderbird-hotrod-610x355.jpg

-=-
custom_ford_shoebox_1949___50_replica_kit_on_t___bird_frame_and_flames_only_66k_1_lgw.jpg

Last edited:
to me its seems to be taking a 1940s car and pairing it to a 1990s car. i admire the work though since i was in the field of automotive body work

I think it’s kinda cool, but it should never be done to a Supercoupe. They’re rare and have enough cool factor all on their own. I will admit, these pseudo-1940s MN12s look better than the LX Tbirds I keep seeing with garbage bags for a door window and/or Autozone bling.

This is the best looking one I've seen. Neighbor has one it is just body panels everything else stock.
Creighton

Last edited:
I'll say it, they look like zhit……………...;);)

Absolutely! The lines of the roof, the quarter glass, side view mirrors, door handles, and pretty much everything that is still Tbird on them do not fit at all with any of the lines or styling of the grafted on nose and tail. The same company has another kit to make a 4th gen Camaro look like a 57 Chevy, and those don't look too bad as long as it is a convertible with the top down, but the Ford ones just look like a complete afterthought.

I could get used to the rear end, but the front just doesnt look good to me at any angle compared to the rest of the tbird

Back