Electrical Connectors

TBirdSC89

I was browsing for some electrical connectors for mainly my engine bay, both my hyundai and thunderbird need some. I've found a couple sites that seem to have a good amount of connectors, just curious if anyone has come across other sites or avenues for some. Due to the age of the sc's, I like the idea of finding new connectors along with finding used stock harnesses online or at wrecking yards
repairconnectors.com and summitracing had quite a few

I find that new are hit/miss, apparently depending on what the industry thinks are most commonly needed based on repair frequency and how broad the cross-over. The SC's cam sensor, MAF & coil connectors are the same, IIRC, between $14 & $18 NAPA & AZ. Injector connectors are on the shelf too. The parts guys at the local Ford dealers are usually pretty happy to look up and see what is still in the pipe...I try to bring them a sample. eBay of course. Some new parts come with connectors, sometimes.

I made a run to the PNP Portland south couple months ago and grabbed all I could, head to tail, off a '90 SC they had in the yard. Spent over $50 just on a bucket of used connectors and a couple harnesses and that was with 1/2 off. That run helped backfill a collection I'd been drawing down, so it was good timing for me.

I think the new ones NAPA & AZ, as an example have would be the same as Summit etc. I'm not aware of any connector honey pots otherwise ;)

Did you go see F vs. F yet?

Ken

good evening all
thanks for the input guys. i think it would be a fun side job or project to make/rebuild harnesses. Especially since they tend to break so easy with the age of our sc's.
KMT-I was at that portland south yard around may and found an anniversary sc that i pulled the whole powertrain out of. I got the cluster out of it too for cheap. I have yet to see F and F but want to Ive heard its really good
Ryan

found an anniversary sc

Ryan - how did I miss that one!!?? I need a rear bumper skin for an anny...

I've rehab several different SC harnesses over time. The front engine harness on my anny was garbage when I got it and it took me two more before I came up with one I wanted to live with. Money in the bank, tho. Had various rehab'd on hand when I did my head gaskets last year so they were ready to go when I put everything back together. I've already cleaned up the ones that came out and put them into spares.

Ken

I’m about to go to a u-pull-it in the next few weeks. They got a 1994, 1996, and 1997 Thunderbird (I’m hoping to get a deck-lid spoiler). Are there any easy-ish to pull parts I should look out for? I know they aren't Super-coupes, but I’ll grab anything thats valuable and/or compatible with an SC.

Ken- haha I think it was an anniversary one (90% sure). I saw it on the row52 app. There was a dark blue one a few weeks later that I took a left fender off of, it still had the motor/sc in. The one I got the motor out of was hit in the rear pretty good, tail lights were smashed up too. I wish the owners would try to sell them privately first before a wrecking yard, it was hit good but still fixable (I use to do body work). I have a pic of the powertrain when I pulled it and after I cleaned it up
attached.
Rick_Leuce-Is your sc 94/95? I had a '95 for a short time but I'm not sure whats compatible with the later model sc's. I'm sure Ken knows way more about that than I do. I mean, some body, engine, and interior pieces can work, but mechanically I dont know if theres much thats the same

Attachments

• IMG_20190624_192319002.jpg
    IMG_20190624_192319002.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 225
  • IMG_20190609_194926817.jpg
    IMG_20190609_194926817.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, nice haul. I think we both harvested off that blue one. Spare SC motor from the yard is on my list...maybe next year.

Shame, tho, so few SCs these days compared to say 5 yrs. ago. I have a good inventory now, but always wish I had more. row52 FTW ;)

Spent two months last spring making a dedicated/purpose built shed just for SC spares - 20 large bins, 24 small bins, four drawers, with space for bezels & things that I keep loose rather than stuff into or don't fit easily into bins - then went thru each labeled container making notes, doing weights, sorting like with like, counting multiple small parts, value estimates, etc. Lots of work to get to that level of organization, but grew tired of having to treasure hunt thru so many bins. Been able to ID which spares I want to keep and which can be sold off.

Makes all the difference now, I can just look them up in a spreadsheet and know exactly which bin, how many, condition etc.

As for which parts to pull, I keep a wish list of stuf I'm desperate for, and a no-brainer list of things I get when I see them no matter what. I always check for wiper cowls & connectors. Early crank sensors are a must, same with IRCMs. Upper front harness, early ABS pressure switch down on the lower firewall, early ABS pump motor, early power antenna bezels (my anny used to eat them when I lived in Portland). I used to grab entire superchargers regardless of year, but they want way too much now. Both lists get longer when the yards have sales.

Interior stuff I get dash trim, bezel, cluster, knobs, A/C heater control, the chime/buzzer behind the glove box, door panels, handles. Inside mirrors are hard to find in good shape, same with the rear high/center brake light assmy. Moonroof switch & motor. Multifunction switch, center console, steering wheel horn pad, rear seat bolster, brake pedal pad & dead pedal if like new. Window, fog light, ARC switches. Power seat switches and trim, visors, good condition e-brake handle.

List goes on....taillights, fog lights, chin spoiler, intercooler w/bellows, spanky clean coolant expansion tank with sensor, windshield washer tank, ECU, any component from the component tray in the trunk, keyless entry module, collision shutoff switch, GFX, MAF electronics, alternator if like new, relays, sensors with connectors, auto seat belt assmys, any screw/nut/bolt/keeper/fastener, hood blanket if like new, wiper arms, wiper motor assmy., thermostat housing if not too rusted, new belts, bulbs, early SC pulley, SC fill plug if like new, large fuses in the PCB...the whole thing loaded if you can get it. Any like new supercharger tops with undamaged collar nuts. More qualify, I'm sure.

Also be on the lookout for performance parts, such as %~aluminum pulleys, raised SC tops, good quality CIA kits/air boxes.

Last edited:
kmt-wow you must have plenty of spare parts than. Ive tried to keep what I can but after moving a couple times I've had to get rid of a few things, but I have quite a bit myself. Probably 10 or so big bins of spare engine parts and electrical. I've been looking to buy another SC but theres none around here. There is a guy in Eugene area selling a manual SC, he's got 2 actually. I'd buy one but I've been paying off bills and debt first before I buy one, cause I know I'll need extra cash to fix some parts if I don't have spares. The guy is on Facebook, I found his sc on the marketplace. Haven't found it on any other site

Yes. Thank you guys for your quick response. I’ll try to get there today. Btw any good known mechanics around this area (southern California). Sorry don’t mean to hack the thread.

Back