Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crank sensor and harmonic balancer

Quote Originally Posted by 35th View Post
    don't really understand how
    When that sort of testing is over our head, we're left to mount the sensor up, confirm all connections, be sure the battery is healthy, and see if the upshift light stays on or goes out while cranking.

Doesn't hurt to read codes too

Good luck.

Ken

Yeah I've tried all 3 that I have I'm pretty certain that 1 is damaged I can see alot of damage on the sensor itself but all 3 give me the up shift light that won't go away full battery I'll have to try and pull the codes I'm pretty sure I had an issue about a year ago trying to get the codes but I'll try again

Does anybody have a pin out for thr crank position sensor?

Does anybody have a pin out for thr crank position sensor?

See if my comment in this thread sheds light: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...t=crank+sensor

I'd push you to the EVTM, but the info I put in that thread took digging thru more than just it to compile, so...

Ken

Crossing my fingers

So I had someone help me test the crank position sensor and I don't think either of us understood exactly what we were doing but I found another sensor for sale which is hard to do but it will be here monday and wends I'll put it on and hope that's my problem ready to drive it I've spent more time trying to fix it then I've driven it 2 years I've owned it and only drove about 300 miles.... Frustrating but I hope this does it

Update

Sorry it took me so long to get back to but it turns out that the issue was in fact the crank sensor and the car runs and drives now. Still have alot of work to do to make it decent again but wanted to thank everyone for the help

Sorry it took me so long to get back to but it turns out that the issue was in fact the crank sensor and the car runs and drives now. Still have alot of work to do to make it decent again but wanted to thank everyone for the help
    Where'd you dig one up? I'm a little paranoid about not being able to find one when the need arises.

After 2 months or so looking randomly found one in Ohio just from a guy that had a SC at some point and had parts didn't get from super coupe performance he wanted 700 for his