Post yours or others moderate to heavily power modded MN12 car pics here

351tt

There are probably plenty out there ... Denis post the other day about the 427 big blockThunderbird on YT gave me a nudge to post this .
So , how about people post some MN12/FN10 model power plant pics , info , vid links etc .
There has to be plenty out there , great promotion and involvement for the club , there were and are alot of members with some great set ups , I am sure there are plenty of lurkers visiting the website that would enjoy seeing what can be done with the MN12 other than its great looks.

Well, just a thread that has a lot of high performance power plants in the one spot , I found a post on a turbo club in regards to how much power a factory 351W block can hold , there were plenty of posts that offered very good information including the year of the block, type of power adding system and weak links etc .
Not everyone wants to stick with a stock power plant, and many interested lurkers would not know where to start off or even if its possible to do a lot of the mods and swaps that have been done .
Way too many MN12 cars have been decommissioned because of blown head gaskets .
I will post my old SC twin 5.8 setup when I gather some pics, that car was never completed due mainly to health reasons and it also rusted away sitting in my driveway ,but if the stars are aligned after the teal 93 is completed and the 87 twin turbo 351W is put back together I will attempt to finish what I started a long time ago, most likely in the newer 94 and up model , I have Wayne Ing's complete short block here , now with a set of Dart Sr heads so will most likely use that , shooting for 1000 at the crank .

Ah, you mean like a sub-sub-sub forum. That might work, maybe, if you can find enough local SC owners with those cars, I suppose. Pretty quiet as it is, tho, which is why i mentioned tccoa: https://www.tccoa.com/threads/ontario-chapter.110485/

Good luck

A few pics of what was started many years ago , I think it was early 2000s? Looks pretty raw in these pics, a lot of it as you can see was more for fit , not finish.
Turbonetics H3 Turbos for final set up , good for aprx 550hp each on their ear.. , Spearco core, custom tanks and inlets to fit , Turbonetics Race gates , mid 70s 351W block 8.25-1 , jackets half filled , studded etc, Speed Pro pistons, Eagle rods , Dart Sr heads ,FMS X303 cam, FMS GT40 lower with custom upper to fit under the factory hood , can't remember if they are 60lb or 66lb injectors , DFI fuel injection system , Buick 200R4 tranny , Art Carr ~~~ adapter to mate the Buick tranny to the Ford [ had to heavily tweak it to make it fit properly ] , all the headers and down pipes are custom , 316L stainless for the headers and flanges and down pipes .
Car rotted to the ground in my driveway , my bad , dirt driveway and canadian winters.. should have had it inside , but once some of the other thunderbird projects are done I may be motivated to pick up another MN12 chassis and finish this , was shooting for a daily driver , fully loaded , and a thousand hp at the crank .
So there is my mess .. anyone else want to throw in some pics and a bit of a write up of their cars or others they have seen .. Dave N ? and others .. I don't know where Wayne Ing is these days , but if anyone has any pics of his [ I don't remember taking any when I built the turbo system for his car and can not find the ones that Wayne sent to me ] post them up here .. anyone else ?? .
This forum is dying a slow death .. give it a bit of adrenaline .

Attachments

• SC IMG_0034.jpg
    SC IMG_0034.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 288
  • SC IMG_0034 (4).jpg
    SC IMG_0034 (4).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 283
  • supercoupe pics 031 (4).jpg
    supercoupe pics 031 (4).jpg
    143 KB · Views: 288
  • 351sc.jpg
    351sc.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 281
Most if it's on FB anymore. It would be up to the owners to post their stuff here, but there are some serious builds going on. Idk who's stuff is actually running atm though.

I got one crazy one

I have a twin turbo 4.5 1990 sc but I will have to have someone post a pic as I am not that good at doing that....Rich

Rich , your set up looks awesome , pretty big huffers for a V6 , if you don't mind posting, what kind of times will this set up pull .

I have a twin turbo 4.5 1990 sc but I will have to have someone post a pic as I am not that good at doing that....Rich

Derek , love that monster cube set up [ MOW block ? ] , headers look like they will flow enough for well past the 1200+hp range.
A bit disappointing that you passed on the other single system you put together , I was really looking forward to see how it did .. I am sure it would have made some great and streetable power ... cast iron manifolds are heavy but they also would have been quiet.. great for a sleeper set up .. I hope someone is getting some use out of those pcs .
Anyway, always like your work, looks great , should be an absolute animal .

Im not sure if this qualifies as a serious build or not, but I am currently building a 427 sbf twin turbo setup. I hope to have it running next summer.

I previously had a junkyard 351 single turbo setup that you can read about here... http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?139336-Derek-s-Project-GFP&highlight=gfp

Hopefully more will post , excellent stuff so far , I doubt though if anyone will object to pics of their cars from car shows/meets being posted as they are already showing publicly what is there .
It would be great to see more set ups from mild to wild, upgraded blowers , IC's , from SC to turbo swaps on the V6 , wasn't there a guy in Cali that had a pretty nice street V6 twin turbo set up as well , can't remember his name but it looked pretty sharp , would be a great car to post here.

Most if it's on FB anymore. It would be up to the owners to post their stuff here, but there are some serious builds going on. Idk who's stuff is actually running atm though.

still working on that.

Rich , your set up looks awesome , pretty big huffers for a V6 , if you don't mind posting, what kind of times will this set up pull .

If you look at the pic of the three cars sitting there you will see a stock 35th, the second one is a 557 big block with a few power adders, and the third one is the twin turbo car. Now for speed, we have gotten the big block into the single digit 1/4 mile time and now it is pushing the limits of having some linen out back. The twin has yet to be run hard at the track, but with everything it has you should be looking at something even faster yet. That is for this year to work out. I am still playing with getting everything 100 % on it but now it is tucked away for the winter. You asked on those turbo size, they are a pair of nelson racing 68's for the boost.

Derek , love that monster cube set up [ MOW block ? ] , headers look like they will flow enough for well past the 1200+hp range.
A bit disappointing that you passed on the other single system you put together , I was really looking forward to see how it did .. I am sure it would have made some great and streetable power ... cast iron manifolds are heavy but they also would have been quiet.. great for a sleeper set up .. I hope someone is getting some use out of those pcs .
Anyway, always like your work, looks great , should be an absolute animal .

its a SHP block with main studs. The goals for the project are 700-1000whp and its built accordingly (at least the motor is anyways). and yeah, someone picked up the hot side i previously built several months ago.

two 68's are a lot of wind , very nice .

If you look at the pic of the three cars sitting there you will see a stock 35th, the second one is a 557 big block with a few power adders, and the third one is the twin turbo car. Now for speed, we have gotten the big block into the single digit 1/4 mile time and now it is pushing the limits of having some linen out back. The twin has yet to be run hard at the track, but with everything it has you should be looking at something even faster yet. That is for this year to work out. I am still playing with getting everything 100 % on it but now it is tucked away for the winter. You asked on those turbo size, they are a pair of nelson racing 68's for the boost.

700 will be a breeze with that block and cubes , even a 1000 at moderate boost , looks like the start of a great reliable set up .
A very worthy Demon hunter.
I talked to Kenny Duttweiler in the early 90s about what I was building with the 351W twin turbo .. he said " if you do everything wrong it will still make over 600hp " .. always thought that was pretty funny .

its a SHP block with main studs. The goals for the project are 700-1000whp and its built accordingly (at least the motor is anyways). and yeah, someone picked up the hot side i previously built several months ago.

got a lot of engine to fead

two 68's are a lot of wind , very nice .

Yes that is a lot of wind to feed this thing, BUT this is not just another 3.8 here. This is a race breed 4.5 with some extra's added to it. Add to that this is a canted valve that has been reworked by the world known engine master....D.D. So everything should be all good with this one....Rich

Over the years I have thought about going to an all out ford V6 of some kind, but was always messing with the 5.8W engines so never got around to it .. yours should be a pretty strong set up from what we can see .
Anyone know what the Ford 3.8 stock block/crank/rods etc will hold in hp ? .
I have a slightly warmed over Buick V6T engine here that have contemplated could be a good SC swap but some people are making pretty good hp numbers with the Ford 3.8 as well so may be better and easier to stick with the Ford .
ATM way too many projects and priorities anyway ... but one can and always should dream ahead of the present.

Yes that is a lot of wind to feed this thing, BUT this is not just another 3.8 here. This is a race breed 4.5 with some extra's added to it. Add to that this is a canted valve that has been reworked by the world known engine master....D.D. So everything should be all good with this one....Rich

all good stuff inside

Over the years I have thought about going to an all out ford V6 of some kind, but was always messing with the 5.8W engines so never got around to it .. yours should be a pretty strong set up from what we can see .
Anyone know what the Ford 3.8 stock block/crank/rods etc will hold in hp ? .
I have a slightly warmed over Buick V6T engine here that have contemplated could be a good SC swap but some people are making pretty good hp numbers with the Ford 3.8 as well so may be better and easier to stick with the Ford .
ATM way too many projects and priorities anyway ... but one can and always should dream ahead of the present.

Every part of the rotating parts have been upgraded for the max output. There is a LOT of money inside this engine that is for sure. When they ran in nascar they were built proof but now it should be even shatter proof, of so I hope....Rich

Back