Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post yours or others moderate to heavily power modded MN12 car pics here

two 68's are a lot of wind , very nice .

Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    If you look at the pic of the three cars sitting there you will see a stock 35th, the second one is a 557 big block with a few power adders, and the third one is the twin turbo car. Now for speed, we have gotten the big block into the single digit 1/4 mile time and now it is pushing the limits of having some linen out back. The twin has yet to be run hard at the track, but with everything it has you should be looking at something even faster yet. That is for this year to work out. I am still playing with getting everything 100 % on it but now it is tucked away for the winter. You asked on those turbo size, they are a pair of nelson racing 68's for the boost.

700 will be a breeze with that block and cubes , even a 1000 at moderate boost , looks like the start of a great reliable set up .
    A very worthy Demon hunter.
    I talked to Kenny Duttweiler in the early 90s about what I was building with the 351W twin turbo .. he said " if you do everything wrong it will still make over 600hp " .. always thought that was pretty funny .

Quote Originally Posted by dthompson View Post
    its a SHP block with main studs. The goals for the project are 700-1000whp and its built accordingly (at least the motor is anyways). and yeah, someone picked up the hot side i previously built several months ago.

got a lot of engine to fead

Quote Originally Posted by 351tt View Post
    two 68's are a lot of wind , very nice .
    Yes that is a lot of wind to feed this thing, BUT this is not just another 3.8 here. This is a race breed 4.5 with some extra's added to it. Add to that this is a canted valve that has been reworked by the world known engine master....D.D. So everything should be all good with this one....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Over the years I have thought about going to an all out ford V6 of some kind, but was always messing with the 5.8W engines so never got around to it .. yours should be a pretty strong set up from what we can see .
    Anyone know what the Ford 3.8 stock block/crank/rods etc will hold in hp ? .
    I have a slightly warmed over Buick V6T engine here that have contemplated could be a good SC swap but some people are making pretty good hp numbers with the Ford 3.8 as well so may be better and easier to stick with the Ford .
    ATM way too many projects and priorities anyway ... but one can and always should dream ahead of the present.

Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    Yes that is a lot of wind to feed this thing, BUT this is not just another 3.8 here. This is a race breed 4.5 with some extra's added to it. Add to that this is a canted valve that has been reworked by the world known engine master....D.D. So everything should be all good with this one....Rich

all good stuff inside

Over the years I have thought about going to an all out ford V6 of some kind, but was always messing with the 5.8W engines so never got around to it .. yours should be a pretty strong set up from what we can see .
    Anyone know what the Ford 3.8 stock block/crank/rods etc will hold in hp ? .
    I have a slightly warmed over Buick V6T engine here that have contemplated could be a good SC swap but some people are making pretty good hp numbers with the Ford 3.8 as well so may be better and easier to stick with the Ford .
    ATM way too many projects and priorities anyway ... but one can and always should dream ahead of the present.
    Every part of the rotating parts have been upgraded for the max output. There is a LOT of money inside this engine that is for sure. When they ran in nascar they were built proof but now it should be even shatter proof, of so I hope....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

I found another pic , one of my favorite views of the car , I recall it was the biggest intercooler core I could get from Spearco , once I made the tanks and in and outlets it was pretty huge.. had to cut some of the rad cradle away to get it to fit in there.

There are probably plenty out there ... Denis post the other day about the 427 big blockThunderbird on YT gave me a nudge to post this .
    So , how about people post some MN12/FN10 model power plant pics , info , vid links etc .
    There has to be plenty out there , great promotion and involvement for the club , there were and are alot of members with some great set ups , I am sure there are plenty of lurkers visiting the website that would enjoy seeing what can be done with the MN12 other than its great looks.
    Attached Images Attached Images