Well, this isn't close to Oregon :( Gosh dangit!-auction SC

• Air ticket to the other side of the country: $750
  • Car at auction: $500 w/fees if the current buyer gets stage fright and you get lucky
  • Customs/licensing/insurance fees, food etc. on return trip, no hotels: $500
  • Fuel 2,200 miles: $330
  • Drive time: 40 hours
If it can be driven straight home no issues and you can adapt to the metric speedo, you can have that specimen under your belt for right around $2k USD, rough estimate.

You'll get CA DRLs, non-auto seat belts, red interior and a 5-speed SC w/less than 100k miles on the clock.

Makes Prineville seem like it's right next door ;)

Rained a bit today, didn't it...

Ken

Ken-I might get stage fright as the buyer haha. Well who knows, can't get a SC local it seems, maybe I'll just take a nice long trip to Toronto and if she runs and drives, hell that might be a fun drive. I've never been on a plane either, so I might freak out like The Rainman getting on a jet haha. Wonder if customs will be ok with me not stopping?
The car seems super nice

You could always give the hotshot trade some business and have it shipped, but that would be around $3k, I think.

I imagine tho that $2k~$3k would go a long ways towards rehab'ing yours. Remind me, is that spare motor ready to go?

Good news is if you go after it yourself, you might not need a passport. Flying's fun...just don't look down.

>Wonder if customs will be ok with me not stopping?

Borrow some local plates, smile, wave and don't look back.

Maybe one of these days I'll put my Anny on the block.

even watching tom cruise flying in top gun makes me whoozy my equilibrium is a tad weak.
nah my sc is in storage. had a crappy roomate and lost my apartment a couple months back. i really hope by next summer ill have it running. having another sc running and complete would help me put the little things on mine back together.
how many miles does your anny have?

My Anny has 110,571 mi. Was already lowered, w/bigger rear swaybar when I found it in SE PDX back in 2008, Calif. car out of Carmel.

1990_35th_SC.JPG
IMG_7051 (1).jpg

Loads of new part$ since; suspension, uprated brakes, cooling system, uprated sound system etc. etc. Everything logged. Head gaskets were done August '18. Chased my share of electrical issues, mostly PNW corrosion, but everything works, just dealt with a fuel gauge issue that may have been self-inflicted, but swapped in spare gauge and good to go. She goes on storage insurance first of the year. Comes back off early summer.

Did you see the 2-hour Ken Block AWD 1,400 HP fire-spitting Mustang Hooni-Yule log?

t'is the season!

Last edited:
that is a nice anniversary ken! ive been wanting one of those for quite some time, ive seen a couple online the last couple days with really low miles on them.
that mustang video is awesome, definitely gets me in the christmas spirit.
I didn't know we could put videos in here!

Back