Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what to do?? two choices???

what date are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post

Need to bring a caravan of SC'ers to SCUI in spring. We will dyno, drink beer, and pretend we went drag racing. It will be fun. Gotta bring Tony, Micah, Kurt, Dave, Molly, and every other Mid western bloke who hasn't run their car in years though. I have lots of tires to loan out for burnout competitions even. Free of charge. We'll call it "Burn Outs under Lights"
    I could maybe bring the big block for big dyno numbers as well as the twin turbo car to see if it does like more boost and really set some marks to drink to.. How much beer and burgers are you going to have>????....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    I could maybe bring the big block for big dyno numbers as well as the twin turbo car to see if it does like more boost and really set some marks to drink to.. How much beer and burgers are you going to have>????....Rich
    Depends on how many people you drag with you. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Some thoughts:
    • Bring the 35th since it's the 65th TBird Anniversary at Carlisle for 2020. I would say you would want your 35th at this one.
    • If you have access to a two car trailer then bring both cars and someone else who could drive the truck and trailer. The other person would stay the entire time at Carlisle and pick up any awards for you and deliver the car back to your home. At some point, you leave early from Carlisle and drive the twin turbo car to the starting point of the Hot Rod Power Tour.
    • Have NettlesD drive your twin turbo car on the Hot Rod Power Tour.
    SCCoA Member #247
    Hardcore TBU #5 (in tow)

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post

Drag week is cool if you have a car that can stand being beat on mercilessly for a week. Don't know any SC's that fit that description.

Need to bring a caravan of SC'ers to SCUI in spring. We will dyno, drink beer, and pretend we went drag racing. It will be fun. Gotta bring Tony, Micah, Kurt, Dave, Molly, and every other Mid western bloke who hasn't run their car in years though. I have lots of tires to loan out for burnout competitions even. Free of charge. We'll call it "Burn Outs under Lights"
    I agree, Drag Week is not a good fit for the SC...I'm bringing the purple car.

Spring trip to SCU sounds like fun. I thought you had a 1/4 mile track that was pretty close. Now that I've finally fixed that annoying misfiring, I'd really like to race my SC to see what it does with the new tighter converter and exhaust system changes.

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat.............10.597 @ 135.78

My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    I agree, Drag Week is not a good fit for the SC...I'm bringing the purple car.

David
    Where is you're sense of adventure? just slap some drag radials on the SC on the street tune knock down deep 11s and be happy! I seriously plan on doing drag week with the SC eventually! I want to get it back together this year and debugged possibly pull one off in 2021. If i do id love to get a few other hardcore SC people to do it also. That way we can maybe for once get a little recognition for these stupid things. I'm not saying make record breaking passes every stop. Just put down a respectable number with the car in street trim so it will actually hold together until the next stop. I bet if a few SC's made the trip and laid down some 11s it would at least get mentioned in the magazine. Even better if someone laid down a 10 something! Maybe go balls out on the last stop idk.... I wouldn't want to lug another set of rear tires around the whole trip so i'd just compromise with a good set of street drag radials and let it do what it will do. I don't blame you one but for taking the hellcat! I would if i had one lol! But think about a future SC drag week! If anyone's car would be suited for it, it would be yours and Kurt K's ! I'm quite confident that my new build (When debugged) would be great for it. Especially with some of the new upgrades (full width 4 core radiator, MarkVIII fan, Lintec VB, big brakes, fuel cell with EXTERNAL dual motor pump so i have a contingency plan if one fails) Not to mention the new motor that has pretty much every upgrade possible done to it, the DBL roller timing set with the thorington thrust bearing setup, main girdle , pinned mains, adjustable rockers, screw in studs all that nonsense. And the elimination of Nitrous....
    93 SC Red Aod 4.2/2.3lwhipple 422rwhp 11.360
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    2018 Shootout Pro Street Runner Up
    Coming soon new motor 2300 TVS etc..
    90 35th aod stock, 90 5 speed Bolton Build in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    Where is you're sense of adventure? just slap some drag radials on the SC on the street tune knock down deep 11s and be happy! I seriously plan on doing drag week with the SC eventually! I want to get it back together this year and debugged possibly pull one off in 2021. If i do id love to get a few other hardcore SC people to do it also. That way we can maybe for once get a little recognition for these stupid things. I'm not saying make record breaking passes every stop. Just put down a respectable number with the car in street trim so it will actually hold together until the next stop. I bet if a few SC's made the trip and laid down some 11s it would at least get mentioned in the magazine. Even better if someone laid down a 10 something! Maybe go balls out on the last stop idk.... I wouldn't want to lug another set of rear tires around the whole trip so i'd just compromise with a good set of street drag radials and let it do what it will do. I don't blame you one but for taking the hellcat! I would if i had one lol! But think about a future SC drag week! If anyone's car would be suited for it, it would be yours and Kurt K's ! I'm quite confident that my new build (When debugged) would be great for it. Especially with some of the new upgrades (full width 4 core radiator, MarkVIII fan, Lintec VB, big brakes, fuel cell with EXTERNAL dual motor pump so i have a contingency plan if one fails) Not to mention the new motor that has pretty much every upgrade possible done to it, the DBL roller timing set with the thorington thrust bearing setup, main girdle , pinned mains, adjustable rockers, screw in studs all that nonsense. And the elimination of Nitrous....
    Jacob,

I might have been up for that about 10 or 15 years ago, but these days I have no desire to be laying under the car wrenching on stuff in a parking lot or the side of the road. I'm just putting a set of drag radials on the Hellcat and rather than sit in staging lanes with 200 other street cars, I plan to be racing it in (Street Race small block power adder) class where you have to run 8.50s to be competitive. I could care less about winning, I'm doing it for fun and to spend some quality time with my son.

David

Power Tour Long Haul is a better venue for an SC.
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat.............10.597 @ 135.78

My Garage

I will do drag week some year with a SC. May not have a SC motor in it but it'll be v6.

I was gonna take the 5 speed this past year but didn't get time to fix leaks.
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlit on drag duty now