what to do?? two choices???

Where is you're sense of adventure? just slap some drag radials on the SC on the street tune knock down deep 11s and be happy! I seriously plan on doing drag week with the SC eventually! I want to get it back together this year and debugged possibly pull one off in 2021. If i do id love to get a few other hardcore SC people to do it also. That way we can maybe for once get a little recognition for these stupid things. I'm not saying make record breaking passes every stop. Just put down a respectable number with the car in street trim so it will actually hold together until the next stop. I bet if a few SC's made the trip and laid down some 11s it would at least get mentioned in the magazine. Even better if someone laid down a 10 something! Maybe go balls out on the last stop idk.... I wouldn't want to lug another set of rear tires around the whole trip so i'd just compromise with a good set of street drag radials and let it do what it will do. I don't blame you one but for taking the hellcat! I would if i had one lol! But think about a future SC drag week! If anyone's car would be suited for it, it would be yours and Kurt K's ! I'm quite confident that my new build (When debugged) would be great for it. Especially with some of the new upgrades (full width 4 core radiator, MarkVIII fan, Lintec VB, big brakes, fuel cell with EXTERNAL dual motor pump so i have a contingency plan if one fails) Not to mention the new motor that has pretty much every upgrade possible done to it, the DBL roller timing set with the thorington thrust bearing setup, main girdle , pinned mains, adjustable rockers, screw in studs all that nonsense. And the elimination of Nitrous....

Jacob,

I might have been up for that about 10 or 15 years ago, but these days I have no desire to be laying under the car wrenching on stuff in a parking lot or the side of the road. I'm just putting a set of drag radials on the Hellcat and rather than sit in staging lanes with 200 other street cars, I plan to be racing it in (Street Race small block power adder) class where you have to run 8.50s to be competitive. I could care less about winning, I'm doing it for fun and to spend some quality time with my son.

David

Power Tour Long Haul is a better venue for an SC.

I will do drag week some year with a SC. May not have a SC motor in it but it'll be v6.

I was gonna take the 5 speed this past year but didn't get time to fix leaks.

Back