Electrical issues

RS2600

The cluster light is gone, well not all. I have all the warninglights working but no lights for speedo, tach, oil, water and boost.
There are no blown fuzes under the dash, all bulbs are ok and I have changed the headlight switch and lights and dome works.
Also the rear defroster is not working but that's is no big issue.
Where do I go from here?

Was the cluster removed before this issue? I'd confirm the mylar printed circuit sheet around both connectors hasn't found a way to fold outside the connector while it's being seated.

When you say you replaced the headlight switch, does that mean the one that's in now is new? Does the car have auto-headlights?

How old is the multi-wire ignition switch down on the right side of the steering column?

I think there is a ground inside the dash that might be worth checking.

Do you have an EVTM?

I just bought the car and the problem came with the car. The headlight switch was new in box and no autolight.
Have no idea how old the wire is, I assume it's original.
Seems strange that just the instrument lights should have a different ground from the rest of the bulbs.
No EVTM

Seems strange that just the instrument lights should have a different ground from the rest of the bulbs.

Not what I said.

Quoting the EVTM "A group of instrument lights doesn't work" - Inoperative ground or Main Light Switch; check resistance for dimmer at switch connector; check all circuit connections and test for continuity.

The switch is new, so the dimmer should be ok...that leaves grounds/wiring. Also, a single ground point can be a tang with several individual grounds connected to it.

As an owner, it's best to always suspect grounds when any electrical issue pops up on an SC. You need to start somewhere - my advice is to keep an open mind.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Ok, faulty ground is a common problen with all electric issues so I'll start there.
Thanks

Back