Alarm issues

RS2600

Just bought a 91 SC/man and like in a lot of old cars, previous owners have "impoved" the electrical system without luck.
Mine came with home made daylight running lights and no instrument lights. Checked the fuse and It was blown. Put a new one
in and it blew. Replaced the headlight switch and then removes the cluster and checked all bulbs, they were fine. Removed
all "new" wires that was connected to the headlight switch and put the originals together and headlights works as they should.
Now I have a new problem.
Alarm won't shut off. There's, what I believe, a panic button under the steering wheel that I push when starting the car and
according to the previous owner, is used to shut off the alarm if it comes on. When all "new" wires was removed I ended up with
two wires going to the alarm module (see picture), one orange/black and one orange. I assume they should be connected somewhere but I
can't see where.
Is there anyway I can disable the whole alarmsystem or is too incorporated in to the whole system? Or does anyone know where to connect the
orange wires?

Attachments

• IMG_20200105_114639751.jpg
    IMG_20200105_114639751.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 90
I'm not familiar with the color coding of the Ford alarm system, but I think there might be a schematic on the back of the box.

If you had to push the button to start the car, then something was wrong with it from the get go. That brand of alarm really wasn't very reliable in the first place, I'd just remove it. We used to install the aftermarket version of that exact same alarm back in the 90's. Lot of warranty issues.

I'm fine with removing it but I looks like an original installation so if I just unplug it, the car will probably never start again.
I'll have to check if it is incorporated in the wiringloob or just attached somewhere or do You have any ideas on how to
do it?

I'm fine with removing it but I looks like an original installation so if I just unplug it, the car will probably never start again.
I'll have to check if it is incorporated in the wiringloob or just attached somewhere or do You have any ideas on how to
do it?
It's not an OE Ford install, it was done at the dealer and is for all purposes basically an aftermarket system. It should all just disconnect if you follow the wires back you'll see where they have been spliced into the factory wiring. I don't even see a starter kill circuit so it's possible you may be able to just unplug it. I'd do that first anyway and all systems in the car should still function with it unplugged.

First I disconnected everything from the box but the car did not start. Put everything back and the siren went on. Took off the red connection to the left and the white to the right. Then I saw a lable on the side of the box explaining some of the wires, I connected "starter key" with "starter motor" and the car fired right up without the alarm comming on. Hopefully this will be the end of this.
Thanks for Your help.

Back