Possibly bad tps need some help

Not sure 10% is your friend, at least without a a plan that supports it, besides otherwise stock.

I suspect you may need to either back down to 5%, or stock, or...determine a different spark plug type/gap scheme to see if that's the issue, or at least one of the issues.

A quick check would be to install a stock early supercharger pulley.

BTW, back in January, you said "Mostly stock only a BBK 3.73 rear gear everything else is stock".... A 10% Supercharger pulley is not stock. I told you then that my efforts to troubleshoot were predicated on stock, otherwise all bets off. That statement still holds. It's hard enough trying to solve these things without all the info. At this point, I'm going to have to beg off and leave you to your own resources, good luck.

Last edited:
Not saying that you are wrong I thought I said that about the SC overdrive but either way I appreciate you trying

Not sure where the best place to ask this, but its kind of relevant. I read somewhere a year ago that 1989-1993 Thunderbirds shouldnt use a 10% overdrive SC pulley and/or Overdrive Jackshaft pulley without making appropriate adjustments/modifications. But it said 5% should be fine (sadly, its hard to find 5% overdrive JS or SC pulleys). I bought a 7% OD SC pulley from Spinning Wheels SC but havent installed it yet. My 1991 SC has Felpro Permatorq MLS headgaskets (which is an improvement over stock, from what I understand). Should a 1991 stock SC engine with fresh headgaskets be safely able to handle a 7% overdrive SC pulley? If not, what kind of mods could I do to let my car handle a 7% (or maybe even a 10%) OD SC pulley?

Thanks in advance,
-Rick Leuce

I feel like but not certain that my issue isn't my 10% overdrive pulley because cold the car runs amazing its after it warms up that I get issues so I would believe that if it was because of the od pulley that it would act up all the time

Back