The best Thunderbird that I have seen. $15K, 1994, Silver, and only 8,000 miles

Can't be the best one...it's not a 5-speed. lol But seriously, that's an amazing Bird.

It has a cell phone. What a waste to buy that beauty and not drive it all these years only to sell it for less than you paid for it.

It has a cell phone. What a waste to buy that beauty and not drive it all these years only to sell it for less than you paid for it.

That's what I was thinking. That car phone cracked me up as I was scrolling through. Still though, in this day and age, 15k seems like an awful lot for a car that old, even though it's one we all love - my hangup would be the auto transmission. But if you've got the money, who cares? Buy it, drive it, use it for parts, whatever.

why

Hi, i have seen many adds for cars and some of them, from my perspective have crazy prices. Probably the most ridiculous is this guy, who is asking ~$33K
https://www.vanguardmotorsales.com/inventory/3757/1989-ford-thunderbird-super-coupe

the car has 37K miles. Everybody can ask what ever they want, but there is a realistic price for a car. Comparing with the one in this post, you have a 8K miles car for $15K vs the crazy guy asking $33K.

I made an offer to this guy
https://ebay.us/9Dh90s

It is a 89, manual, with 64K miles and he wants $14K. how they come-up with those numbers? ... I offered him a good amount of money, but he is not moving his price. In my opinion they are out of the market and I will wait to find the car with all the boxes that I am searching at the right price.

When you are looking for an option on the 80's, T-birs are good option, but I don't consider them collectable cars. I have met people with 20+ cars, and they usually have in their garage, Porsche, lambos, Ferraries, Mustang Shelby GT500, etc. but those 5-6 guys that I have met, they don't have a T-Bird.In my opinion cars like Nissan 300ZX and others will have the wow factor that will be a desire thing in the feature. I don't know, I don't have a crystal ball and predict the T-Bird - but definitely I don't see them as a collector car. It is more like a desire car for people like me, guys who can afford an weekend car and have 2-3 car garage (not the 20+ garage).

Probably I will have a gray car with cell phone ;)

PD.- I don't like the lines for 94-95. I like that 80's style for the 89-93... the steering wheel is a killer

Woa....fully loaded and gorgeous. Agreed...woulda been better as a 5speed. Nonetheless....what a beaut!

94 low mileage SC

I've been searching for the last two months for a t-brid. I've seen some crazy guys asking over $30K.From all the cars that I have seen this is the best one that I have seen.

https://www.gosilverauto.com/auto/used-1994-ford-thunderbird-super-frankfort-il/43085961/

1994, Silver, Leather, sunroof and only 8,000 miles

Beware of older cars with such low mileage. A car stored for a significant period of time without running it on a regular basis is more likely to have issues than an higher mileage car that has been run on a regular basis. Leaking gaskets and seals that dry up and shrink, rust from condensation in engine, tranny, etc., leaking moon roofs. Buyer beware.

Beware of older cars with such low mileage. A car stored for a significant period of time without running it on a regular basis is more likely to have issues than an higher mileage car that has been run on a regular basis. Leaking gaskets and seals that dry up and shrink, rust from condensation in engine, tranny, etc., leaking moon roofs. Buyer beware.

I absolutely agree, but I got lucky when I bought mine. It was 13 years old with only 29,000 miles, but it was driven consistently...not a lot, but it never sat for too long. So, in the last 12 years I haven't had any of those problems. Strike that. lol A couple of years ago I did have to reseal my timing chain cover after finding a long elusive coolant leak at the narrow portion of the gasket, right by the water passage. Other than that, I can't complain.

Wow...that's pretty.

Anyone else realize that we probably are the main opponent against the rise in value of the SC? :p We as a group (more so than any other group) influence what these cars are "worth".

If "outsiders" have a car they think is worth $30k, let them ask $30k! If they find a buyer @ $30k, what does that mean for the value of the rest of the SC's out there? :)

Realistically, it will probably sit, unsold, until the price drops. Someday though, it will sell and that transaction is what gives concrete data to compare other SC's value to. ;)

Sold 94 SC

IT seems that someone purchased this SC for 13,998. Must have a sentimental attachment to 94 SCs. Lucky fellow.

Back