Found a 5 speed Sc at salvage yard what should I get??

Tucansc

Hello dear members. I found a 90 sc 5 speed at junk yard. What parts would you or should I rescue (buy). I know there’re not that cheap but I would like to get some advice as to what is worth buying considering I own two Sc 5 speed and a 90 xr7 5 speed. Only one running. Two need engine Thank you.

Hey Tucansc, are you talking about the black 90' SC 5 spd that just got to the Riverside LKQ wrecking yard?? I have a notifications email i get whenever a Thuderbird goes to any LKQ wrecking yard around here. I was thinking about going but really dont need anything other then maybe a steering evo because im not sure mine works. Anyhow we all know those SC crank sensors and abs accumulators are hard to find and expensive if you want to get those while your there.

If they are in good shape; get the bumper covers and ground effects (front SC embossed bumper cover is maybe the single most valuable part).

The rear sway bar in 1990 is also bigger (better) than ones used 1991-1995.

The wiper cowls are usually in high demand (assuming their not cracked)

I saved the wiper cowls from a 1993 Bill Elliott Supercoupe but they didnt fit my 1990 Thunderbird. I was planning on getting rid of them until I bought a 1993 and figured they could be a spare.

Thank you dear members. I went and got a full super charger including all the tubes (expensive).l do t really need it but maybe I’ll rebuild and refinish when I get my engine rebuild. Ps switch. Inner plastic belt for the auto seat belt one was in good con. I’ve fixed these before Driver seat control spare radiator expensive. Cooling fan expansion tank w sensor of course. Tokico shocks and all the electrical components expensive. I spent 500 bucks and spend like 4 hours enjoying and learning about the Sc engine since I have two engines that need to rebuild (talking to Dave in Ohio) since I don’t know a good trustworthy mechanic around here. Anyhow members thank you for all the good info. Let me know if you need anything Sc related I would love to help

I need a pedal assembly for the 5spd if you are so inclined. It's a bit of a hassle to remove unless the dash is already out. I need the 5spd pedal and brake pedal including all the brackets and switches attached to them. You have to be careful with the clutch switch that you don't break it removing it. Cut the wires and include the pigtail if you do this.

Also, if the boot around the shifter is good (not the top one, the one that is underneath and bolts to the body/floor of the car itself. If the brake handle is in nice shape and the release button isn't broken that's another good one to get.

I saved the wiper cowls from a 1993 Bill Elliott Supercoupe but they didnt fit my 1990 Thunderbird. I was planning on getting rid of them until I bought a 1993 and figured they could be a spare.
They're not a direct fit, but you can drill some new holes for the screws, and using pieces of PVC pipe, cut/shaped to length, you can make standoffs to get them to attach securely.

Back