Center Force DF Clutch Kit

Quik95SC

SCCoA Member
So the Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch seems to be the Clutch kit of preference around here, does anyone have a part number for the kit?

Smitty

I see DF 226049 listed at Summit but I have nothing to go on other than their listing saying it is for a SC 89-93. I'm sure those that have purchased one will chime in.

I bought the DF226049 back in November but have yet to install. It looks like they have gone up by over $100 since then.

k0DXg99.jpg

Last edited:
That's the one I've got in my 93 and has done great against v8 stroker torque. I've been looking for one for my 94 myself but haven't even found a part number for the 11.5" clutch. Probably going to try a spec stage 2 from Bill for it for now.

That's the one I've got in my 93 and has done great against v8 stroker torque. I've been looking for one for my 94 myself but haven't even found a part number for the 11.5" clutch. Probably going to try a spec stage 2 from Bill for it for now.

According to Dave Dalke, just buy the 11” version for the early model SC’s with the matching flywheel and you will be all set. Will bolt right up. No one hardly makes the 11.5” clutches any more.

I have a CF on my 94 from an early car also(D Clark's) on my 94 flywheel. What I found was the locating pins were different. I was lucky and found a pin from a yamaha outboard that was perfect. I belive it is the lower unit dowel pins for a big v6. Part number 93608-12M05-00

The 89-93 does not use locating pins at all. Other applications that the PP is used for may. It's not an SC specific part, just a generic 11" PP with custom springs, etc.

Back