The Epic Drive 2020 preparations

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
What are you guys working on to prepare for the epic drive??

This Is what I am doing:

New blower motor
New front uca's
New front lca's
New sway bar end links
New inner/outer strut rod bushings
Alignment
Rewire radio (shady radio wiring)
Extra 12v port for phone charger
Check freon (rebuilt ac last year)
New crank sensor (mine is questionable)
Replace door lock cylinders so I can lock doors
New wheel bearings (maybe)

Already did polly diff and knuckle bushings this year.

Possibly redo exhaust and add late model tank

Well I just got the 90XR7 on the road last week, but before that it was last on the road in 07. The suspension could use a full rebuild, there’s no radio in it, the sunroof doesn’t work, the interior lights don’t work, the power locks don’t work, the passenger window doesn’t work, it needs brakes which will probably turn into a 93+ spindle and PBR swap, and the tune needs to be dialed in. So more than likely I’ll be taking the 97 again, since that one needs nothing.

It was kept in a barn for 10 years, then outside on the side of my shop for the last 2. The car is everything I wanted though, black on black XR7 5-speed with cloth interior and a sunroof, so I'll work through the issues with it. Its up and running with a fresh motor now and I've been driving it the last few days, so its just all the little BS stuff needed now.

I need to reinstall my recently coated White Lightning coated headers on my 92 and then drive it. Plan B, drive my 95 5 speed.

not much to do here

I got to put my engine back into my GT350 and throw on a new set of tires just to make it safe for the trip. Hope I can get hat done sometime soon here and get a few miles on it before I hit the road.. The winter weather has got to get in line with my plans to get this all done....Rich

I got to put my engine back into my GT350 and throw on a new set of tires just to make it safe for the trip. Hope I can get hat done sometime soon here and get a few miles on it before I hit the road.. The winter weather has got to get in line with my plans to get this all done....Rich

Rich,

Why is the engine out of the GT350 ?

David

flat plain>procharger

well someone did not do the homework well or I can't read the rule book well... some things just don't fit well together....rich

wrong kit

after a long time on the key board it turns out I got the wrong kit?? so now send it back and get the correct one... The 5.0 kit is not the same so back to the drawing boards....rich

Back