Finally I bought it

yayo_ayala

Guys I've been posting adds for cars on sale all around the US. I finally bought my first t-bird. I am very happy and probably you will now see me searching for upgrades such as brake, suspension, and others. Wish me luck on my new car!

https://ebay.us/nPWV5j

1991, White with only 45,000 miles for $4250. I am the third owner, the first oner sold it to a co-worker and I got them from them.

Sorry I know this is not the right forum, it is just that members are also emailing me selling t-birds.

Congrats

Congrats Yayo. Now take it to the Epic Drive III Arpil 30 to 3 May. Join us so we can see it.

Sigh.

I bought my first Supercoupe in November 2012. It was also a 1991, fully-loaded with moonroof, leather, corner lamps, JBL sound, 5-speed, keyless entry (mine has an 89 DSO). It was unfortunately abused by a couple of rednecks that lowered it in the dumbest way possible (by cutting the coil springs by 2 coils) and they lived on a gravel road, busted the front bumper cover, rear-ended a school bus, and hydroplaned it and hit two posts. It's taken me six years to fix it and it's ALMOST roadworthy. It cost me $1,000 to buy and I've spent more than $5,000 since to fix it. It has about 138,000 miles on it and I've probably only put about 2,000 miles on it myself. I would say you got a great deal, lmao.

I'm all better now; I bought a white 1990 in 2015 and a white 1993 last year. Between all three of them, I have a complete Supercoupe.

Guys I've been posting adds for cars on sale all around the US. I finally bought my first t-bird. I am very happy and probably you will now see me searching for upgrades such as brake, suspension, and others. Wish me luck on my new car!

https://ebay.us/nPWV5j

1991, White with only 45,000 miles for $4250. I am the third owner, the first oner sold it to a co-worker and I got them from them.

Sorry I know this is not the right forum, it is just that members are also emailing me selling t-birds.

Thanks XB-70 and Rick. I might go to the Epic Drive. I am Dallas is not to far from here. One question guys if you want to search the forums (I was looking upgrading the brakes), is there a particular setting or upgrade? for some reason I cannot search.

Congrats on the new car. If your going to upgrade brakes, this is the most cost effective way in my opinion. For fronts, you have the early style front spindles, upgrade to the 93+ ones. Then you can buy mustang cobra dual piston brake calipers and bigger rotors. It’s pretty much a direct swap, other than redrilling the rotors for for the tbird lugnut pattern.
As far as rears, supercoupesnunlimited sells rear caliper relocation brackets that allow you to install larger diameter rotors, which is a nice upgrade.

I did all this on mine several years ago, and this is what the SC should have had from the factory. I’ve never had brake rotor warping problems ever!

Chris

Congrats on the new car. If your going to upgrade brakes, this is the most cost effective way in my opinion. For fronts, you have the early style front spindles, upgrade to the 93+ ones. Then you can buy mustang cobra dual piston brake calipers and bigger rotors. It’s pretty much a direct swap, other than redrilling the rotors for for the tbird lugnut pattern.
As far as rears, supercoupesnunlimited sells rear caliper relocation brackets that allow you to install larger diameter rotors, which is a nice upgrade.

I did all this on mine several years ago, and this is what the SC should have had from the factory. I’ve never had brake rotor warping problems ever!

Chris

Hi Chris, I tried to send you a private message and avoid posting here, but I think you inbox is full. I was going to ask you: thank you for the advise on the brakes. I was reading about the Cobra brakes, but it is my understanding that the 13' disk will require 17' wheels.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthr...-brake-upgrade-how-to-guide&highlight=caliper

are you still using your OE Ford wheels?

I’ve cleared my inbox now. You are right, the 13” cobra’s will require are least 17” wheels. Still a
Necessary change for the car in my opinion. I smoked my cobras pretty good one time, making a quick stab down from 160+, no warped rotors just burnt brakes smell.

Congrats on your purchase! Looks very clean, definitely a good price for such condition. I'm looking for a 1991 Thunderbird as well in Europe but currently, it’s very hard to find a car in such good condition for this price. I’m thinking about buying a home in Cyprus with a big garage nowadays and it would be so cool to find a 1991 Thunderbird for my next project.

Back