Which way does the inlet pipe nut need to spin to be taken off?

Unless you know you need to, neither.

If you're just pulling parts to get to what's under the supercharger, leave that nut alone. Remove the four bolts holding the hat/top to the supercharger, then the two nuts holding the pipe at the intercooler and lift the hat and pipe off as one assembly. Much easier and you don't have to re-align when going back together.

Otherwise, as seen in the photo, pull to tighten (tool is backwards for that, I think you know), push to loosen/spin off. Position the tool accordingly. Good on you for having the right tool ;)

Torque is like 200 ft. lbs, so again, unless you know you need to break it there, might be easier to leave it alone.

... why didn't I think of that? That's going to make my life easier then. Thanks! Im trying to get to the headgaskets. It's a learning process :p

;)

I did mine last year, finally. Lots of work, but it also provides a chance to take care of so many ittle things that, on their own, wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Stick with it, speak up if you need help along the way, good luck.

Ken

I did my head gaskets last year without the special tool (I got one now, but haven't used it yet). I know the threaded collar is attached to the supercharger top, not the tube (I used a flathead screwdriver and a rubber mallet once many years ago :eek:). But you can just take the tube and supercharger top off as one piece with a regular ratchet set.

If you wanted, you could probably google pics of the Supercharger tube and see which way the threads are.

I notice you have the main belt off, hope you loosened the 4 bolts on the Jack shaft pulley first.

You can take the majority of the top end off in large sections also to make what seems like a difficult process very simple.

Top tube as 1 assembly as mentioned. I've even removed the supercharger assembly with the top tube still attached before (it's just heavy). Drivers side accessory bracket can be removed in its entirety by just pulling the power steering pulley and removing the bolts.

Again ask if you have questions. It's not as scary as everyone says.

-Tim

Push toward the windshield. Now, if you end up needing to remove the beveled end of the top (not seen until the big nut is backed off), like if you needed to remove the nut from the top for paint or powder coat, that is a left hand thread. They do that so the beveled end does get loosened when tightening the big nut.

Threads are reversed on the blower top if you need to get it off, turn to right to loosen, but like others said take off all one piece, the jackshaft is the pulley below the A/C compressor

Back