Thread: 2020 BBF/T56 . . . Back to work

2020 BBF/T56 . . . Back to work

https://imgur.com/gallery/LouLsbP
    Had to take a bunch of wrench time off due to health reasons. Still not back 100%, probably never, but working on getting as good as I can.
    Finally got enough $$ to move forward some. New Ford Performance SCJ heads came in along with the Blue Thunder intake and Holley lower plenum. Found some bolts to attach the heads to the intake (not on engine) so I could start working on injector placement. Local machine shop is on shorter hours and I get up late morning. Need to get an estimate on block work. Then see what is left over. To stroke or not. Got a line on a Lunati cam kit, custom flywheel with GM clutch set (for LS1 T56). Still need to pick out a fuel pump and bigger fuel line. ¬—¬— HEY RICH, what size line should I go with? putting together a shopping list for: parts to build motor mounts. Manifolds/Headers. Then the accessories drive. I think that¬’s enough for now.
    MikeH
    Last edited by talonhead; 05-08-2020 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Pic link

here is what I did on my turbo svo.

Quote Originally Posted by talonhead View Post
    Had to take a bunch of wrench time off due to health reasons. Still not back 100%, probably never, but working on getting as good as I can.
    Finally got enough $$ to move forward some. New Ford Performance SCJ heads came in along with the Blue Thunder intake and Holley lower plenum. Found some bolts to attach the heads to the intake (not on engine) so I could start working on injector placement. Local machine shop is on shorter hours and I get up late morning. Need to get an estimate on block work. Then see what is left over. To stroke or not. Got a line on a Lunati cam kit, custom flywheel with GM clutch set (for LS1 T56). Still need to pick out a fuel pump and bigger fuel line. —— HEY RICH, what size line should I go with? putting together a shopping list for: parts to build motor mounts. Manifolds/Headers. Then the accessories drive. I think that’s enough for now.
    MikeH
    I went with an6 and an8 for my fuel and return. hope that helps you out....rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Thanks Rich! Need to spec an EFI pump to put in at the same time I drop the tank for the fuel lines.
    MikeH

some ideas

Thanks Rich! Need to spec an EFI pump to put in at the same time I drop the tank for the fuel lines.
    MikeH
    I went with an aeromotive fuel tank with a 2000 pump. I also went with the fitech carb set up. This was easy to put on, simple to set up and fired off the first time we hit the key.. Just some ideas for you.....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Updates pics of top end bbf

https://imgur.com/gallery/LouLsbP Top end parts- heads, intake, plenum
    https://imgur.com/a/uLFK1MB Starting BT intake modification to efi
    Received my rolls of copper-nickel fuel lines. Working on car when itís late or raining.
    Otherwise, Iím at work or working on wifeís truck replacing brake lines, hoses, and master cylinder. Just got all of the hard lines out tonight. Wasnít all that hard, just trying to not cut them or mangle them so I have an idea of installing the new ones.
    MikeH

More progress

http://https://imgur.com/gallery/ZXUMdfJ
    More pics. All runners drilled. Now to set up the jig to set in the bungs.
    MikeH

Looks bitchin!
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlit on drag duty now

Coming to the end of the year. . .

Well as we come to the end of the year, looks like Iíll be retiring again. Spent the end of last year and most of this year recovering from work injuries and trying to get my house fixed up to sell. Hopefully, will be out of New England by Christmas. Hate moving in winter.
    Trying to get all my parts separated into taking and leaving for my bird. Already lined out a new house, just waiting on this one to sell. New place has a bigger garage, but I think I will build a garage and shop that will fit my big azz truk and the bird. Do most of the maintenance there instead of messing up the house bays that way I donít have to worry about my in-laws or wife slipping/tripping while walking through. And I can make as much noise as I want without complaints!
    Going to miss the drives to meet folks in person when going for parts. Not sure of bird stock laying around where Iím going.
    Yaíll stay safe.
    MikeH

Where are you moving to?
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlit on drag duty now

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWN38 View Post
    Where are you moving to?
    Clue: States Motto ďThe Last FrontierĒ

MikeH
    I just put a a walbro 525 hellcat pump in my car and it works great. 420 lph i believe.
    member #2488
    2016 shootout Best of show award
    2015 Carlisle Best of show modified, 1st place 92 93 SC and Celebrity's choice award winner.
    2014 Shootout Best of show 1st award winner
    2014 Comp cams VIP Car craft street machine nationals
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage.p...e_view&id=7152