2020 BBF/T56 . . . Back to work

talonhead

https://imgur.com/gallery/LouLsbP
Had to take a bunch of wrench time off due to health reasons. Still not back 100%, probably never, but working on getting as good as I can.
Finally got enough $$ to move forward some. New Ford Performance SCJ heads came in along with the Blue Thunder intake and Holley lower plenum. Found some bolts to attach the heads to the intake (not on engine) so I could start working on injector placement. Local machine shop is on shorter hours and I get up late morning. Need to get an estimate on block work. Then see what is left over. To stroke or not. Got a line on a Lunati cam kit, custom flywheel with GM clutch set (for LS1 T56). Still need to pick out a fuel pump and bigger fuel line. —— HEY RICH, what size line should I go with? ;) putting together a shopping list for: parts to build motor mounts. Manifolds/Headers. Then the accessories drive. I think that’s enough for now.
MikeH

Last edited:
here is what I did on my turbo svo.

Had to take a bunch of wrench time off due to health reasons. Still not back 100%, probably never, but working on getting as good as I can.
Finally got enough $$ to move forward some. New Ford Performance SCJ heads came in along with the Blue Thunder intake and Holley lower plenum. Found some bolts to attach the heads to the intake (not on engine) so I could start working on injector placement. Local machine shop is on shorter hours and I get up late morning. Need to get an estimate on block work. Then see what is left over. To stroke or not. Got a line on a Lunati cam kit, custom flywheel with GM clutch set (for LS1 T56). Still need to pick out a fuel pump and bigger fuel line. —— HEY RICH, what size line should I go with? ;) putting together a shopping list for: parts to build motor mounts. Manifolds/Headers. Then the accessories drive. I think that’s enough for now.
MikeH

I went with an6 and an8 for my fuel and return. hope that helps you out....rich

Thanks Rich! Need to spec an EFI pump to put in at the same time I drop the tank for the fuel lines.
MikeH

some ideas

Thanks Rich! Need to spec an EFI pump to put in at the same time I drop the tank for the fuel lines.
MikeH

I went with an aeromotive fuel tank with a 2000 pump. I also went with the fitech carb set up. This was easy to put on, simple to set up and fired off the first time we hit the key.. Just some ideas for you.....Rich

Updates pics of top end bbf

https://imgur.com/gallery/LouLsbP Top end parts- heads, intake, plenum
https://imgur.com/a/uLFK1MB Starting BT intake modification to efi
Received my rolls of copper-nickel fuel lines. Working on car when it’s late or raining.
Otherwise, I’m at work or working on wife’s truck replacing brake lines, hoses, and master cylinder. Just got all of the hard lines out tonight. Wasn’t all that hard, just trying to not cut them or mangle them so I have an idea of installing the new ones.
MikeH

Coming to the end of the year. . .

Well as we come to the end of the year, looks like I’ll be retiring again. Spent the end of last year and most of this year recovering from work injuries and trying to get my house fixed up to sell. Hopefully, will be out of New England by Christmas. Hate moving in winter.
Trying to get all my parts separated into taking and leaving for my bird. Already lined out a new house, just waiting on this one to sell. New place has a bigger garage, but I think I will build a garage and shop that will fit my big azz truk and the bird. Do most of the maintenance there instead of messing up the house bays that way I don’t have to worry about my in-laws or wife slipping/tripping while walking through. And I can make as much noise as I want without complaints!
Going to miss the drives to meet folks in person when going for parts. Not sure of bird stock laying around where I’m going.
Ya’ll stay safe.
MikeH

Back