Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help purchasing a new HB for my 95 SC...

Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    the one that is slightly offset
    An MST12002 should help w/that...

Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    Looks like the only thing you will need to do is re-drill the one offset bolt hole on your crank pulley with a larger hole so it will fit the symmetrical bolt pattern on the new balancer. See circled hole on stock balancer picture, it is the one that is slightly offset to insure timing marks on the crank pulley line up.

Attachment 70753
    Hey Dave,

Thanks for pointing that out. Seeing that this is a minor modification, should I be concerned about removing material from the pulley and an affect of the balance of the pulley?

Quote Originally Posted by phils89sc View Post
    Hey Dave,

Thanks for pointing that out. Seeing that this is a minor modification, should I be concerned about removing material from the pulley and an affect of the balance of the pulley?
    No, not enough to worry about. The stock stamped steel pulley and original balancer were balanced as a set, so it probably won’t be well balanced unless you go with a machined aluminum pulley like what comes in an under drive set. If it was me I would swap crank pulley to stock size aluminum or do a UD pulley set. Also double check the bolt length to make sure they don’t bottom out before tightening against the pulley. Some balancers are not drilled and tapped as deep as stock. Just add a washer to take up the slack.
    Last edited by David Neibert; 05-28-2020 at 10:53 AM.
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat.............10.597 @ 135.78

My Garage

Thanks again for the info Dave. Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I do this right the first time!

Is SCP the only place to buy an new pulley for this? I have seen crank pulleys that are designed to overdrive the SC. Are these safe and a good way to OD the supercharger?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by phils89sc View Post
    Thanks again for the info Dave. Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I do this right the first time!

Is SCP the only place to buy an new pulley for this? I have seen crank pulleys that are designed to overdrive the SC. Are these safe and a good way to OD the supercharger?

Thanks again.
    Spinning Wheels SC was also selling these parts but it looks like their website is now offline, so SCP may be the only source. I know several people who have used the MP 10% OD crank pulley and yes it's a good way to overdrive the supercharger 10% and will also be zero balanced and will work good with the new balancer. Just requires a new longer belt from crank pulley to jackshaft pulley.

I just prefer UD pulley set (because it gains 15 HP) and then overdrive the supercharger from the jackshaft pulley 5 or 10%. The MP crank pulley was usually only installed when you couldn't overdrive any more with jackshaft and supercharger pulley. Like if you were trying to get 25% OD using a MPX blower. That said there is no reason it can be used first if you are okay with the 10% OD.

David
    Last edited by David Neibert; 05-28-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat.............10.597 @ 135.78

My Garage