how does one go about removing the stock cassette player?

Kyle

i purchased a new CD player for my 93. how does the stock cassette player come out?

the is a tool that goes in those holes on each side of the radio.they are cheep but if you don't whant to buy them you can take 2 pieces of coat hanger bend both to a u shape anstick them in the holes about 1.5" to 2" then put apart and then out, should slide right out
good luck.
joe

i tried the coat hanger thing.... didn't slide at all. :(

what does the tool look like. that i would need?

It's a DIN tool for Ford radio/cassette removal,most sound shops carry them also Wal-Mart,auto stores,etc....cost just a few dollars.Slide it into the little holes till you hear a click then push outward while pulling toward you.Sometimes it becomes a real pain ....but work with it,the cd will come out. Do you have the JBL system or the Premium system?
z

z90sc said:
It's a DIN tool for Ford radio/cassette removal,most sound shops carry them also Wal-Mart,auto stores,etc....cost just a few dollars.Slide it into the little holes till you hear a click then push outward while pulling toward you.Sometimes it becomes a real pain ....but work with it,the cd will come out. Do you have the JBL system or the Premium system?
z

its the Premium system.

i called wal-mart and canadian tire today, both didn't have the tools. they told me the same thing though, use a coat hanger.

so i kept on trying this morning, but i just can't seem to get it out.:mad:

Back