2020 Mid West Bash update..not a good one

pro street rich

Well here we are in the middle of this shut down and everything is going side ways. So with a sad heart we are going to put the Bash on hold for this year. With everyone not working we know that money will be tight for trips and for fun things. Add to that that everything is being pushed back or moved it has put this event in a bad spot. The race track can not be sure that we could do our event when we were going to do it. They have some other big events that they have to work into the mix. The speed shop with the dyno does not even think that they will be able to even re open after all the crap they are going thru. Then now the hotel said that there is such a large need for the hotel for all the weddings as well as other events that we would be put on the back burner.
So with all this going on and the fact that there may not be even the ability to social meet and hang out together has made this a very hard choice for us to make. I hope that next year will bring a better health issue for all of us and that we all make it thru this together. Sorry for the bad news but right now we are still under lock down and the powers to be have no end in sight.....Rich and the Mid West Bash group...:confused:

Sorry to hear, since I got my new motor I was actually pretty excited to take the trip (I was planning on Carlisle as well but it sound like it is a mess right now as well). However, I might have another option I've been thinking about. Obviously, depending on how things go could change things. Here in Ohio they are slowly opening things back up. Usually the 3rd Saturday in September there's a good car show at the Ford transmission plant (Sharonville, Cincinnati area). They do a great job at accommodating to clubs so we could possibly have our own area at the show. I also have some ties to the local dragstrip, if there's enough interest we could get a great deal (plus they just repoured the first half of the track this spring). I know it wouldn't be a traditional bash/shootout, just an idea and seeing if there would be any interest. I know the virus has everything up in the air, just trying to help create a little hope, maybe with some help and input we could still have some sort of event. Hotels wouldn't be an issue because there are a ton around here as well. Just a thought...

this was a very hard move to make

with everything going on it was still very hard to back out of this year's event. We kept looking at all the other ways to do this but when it all came down to it this was the best choice for everyone. We will try to make this happen next year as well as putting something more into this event. Till then please everyone stay safe and lets make this all work.....rich

Maybe the actual event can't happen but could we still get items as if the event was to happen? I'm talking about a T-Shirt, Mug and other items. Just figure up the cost for these items as you would anyway and then let people know. The items would be available on a prepaid basis with a set amount for the items and shipping. You could use the same site as you did last year for purchasing the items.

Just a thought so no worries if it's a big deal to go to all that work for an event that isn't happening.

Rich,

For what it's worth I think you are doing the right thing by cancelling the event. Let us know when you pick the dates for 2021.

Thanks, David

Rich; You are truly wise to cancel and plan for next year. I have been following the news reports very carefully and don't see it as a possibility for me to even cross the border. I don't think the world as we know it is going to get back to even near normal until the smart science guys come up with a viable and safe vaccine. That is a process that takes time and testing and surely won't be complete until next year.
On a personal note, I will miss meeting up and hanging out with my friends in the club from south of the border. Kurt will have to wait an extra year to get exotic beer from Ontario.
The most important thing in all of this is to stay safe and protect the ones you love. Health before wealth. The fun will come back.
Alan

On a personal note, I will miss meeting up and hanging out with my friends in the club from south of the border. Kurt will have to wait an extra year to get exotic beer from Ontario.
The most important thing in all of this is to stay safe and protect the ones you love. Health before wealth. The fun will come back.
Alan

Yes, not meeting up with friends will be the worst part of this cancelation. I'll be okay waiting for beer ;)

Back