Anyone have links to a good official JMOD instructional for the 95 SC 4R70w trans?

phils89sc

While I have my engine out, along with the transmission in my 95 SC, I want to do the JMOD to the valve body to help it shift quicker and get the benefits of this mod for transmission longevity. I have found a few youtube videos, but I don't know if there are any differences among the seemingly many different types of years and model Fords this 4R70w transmission was used in.

Can anyone give me any tips or tricks for the JMOD and maybe some do's and don'ts?

Thanks everyone!

94/95s have one of the holes in a different place than the pictures that were on TCCoA. Make sure to get the updated accumulators cause the 94/95 trans has the older style aluminum ones. I always go for the 450hp settings regardless of what the actual power output is. If you leave all the accumulator springs in place, it will shift firm but not too hard. If you leave the lower springs out, it will chirp the tires going into 2nd gear at anything over half throttle.

Back