Exhaust advice!

Blackbird50

Have a bone stock lower mileage 91' SC with 2 catalytic converters that are shot. Not looking to break the bank and the rest of the exhaust is in excellent shape should I just cut them off and delete them or have new ones put on. Any and all exhaust suggestions are welcome. Thanks again everyone!!!

If your are wanting to utilize the rest of the exhaust, I would cut them out and replace them with hi-flow versions. I can't say for sure, but I think your exhaust will be a little louder with hi-flow CATs than stock.

I can say with confidence that deleting the CATs will be louder.

With that said, there are many exhaust threads on this site that can be searched for more information.

I installed hi-flo cats and downpipes several years back, never noticed an exhaust note change from inside the car.

Come 2018 and one cat was totally wasted/blocked by failed head gasket and leaking injector, so I had them both removed and replaced with 'test pipes'. Nothing against running cats, except the cost, and my county doesn't emissions test. I haven't noticed an exhaust note change from them being removed. Otherwise the system is 1990 SC stock exhaust. I do have a late model pass. side manifold waiting to go on.

Well, it has been more than 20 years since I got rid of my CATs, so maybe the exhaust noise didn't go up as much as I thought.

94sc

I changed my stock cats for aftermarket cats and it is louder when im in car. It's been 2 years since i put them on but since i put it on the road a month ago big difference from my 93. It has headers and borlas with ceramic cats. Im still getting used to them.

Back