Water on the passenger floor!?

Blackbird50

So last night it was nice out so left the car outside and it poured rain I guess because i went out to dry the car off and my passenside front foot well carpet was soaked in water. Its a sunroof 91' SC but I didn't see any water dripping omto the seats from the roof. Not sure whats going on. Figured this forum would know. You guys are a great source of knowledge. Thanks in advance!!!

Rather common. Issue steams from the outside air inlet on the passenger side...it's underneath the wiper cowl. This has happened on all my Thunderbirds/Cougars 89-97

-Tim

Rather common. Issue steams from the outside air inlet on the passenger side...it's underneath the wiper cowl. This has happened on all my Thunderbirds/Cougars 89-97

-Tim

Any ideas on to what to do to fix it? I've got the wiper cowl off. Thanks

The sealer around that oval vent drys up and cracks. Usually new glue resolves the issue. There was a TSB from Ford on this issues moons ago...might find via google search.

-Tim

Tim, do you know what kind of sealer to use? Is it just weather stripping sealer (I think 3M makes a yellow sealer that comes to mind) or is it something akin to RTV, or something all together else?

Back