How do I remove the outlet tube mount bolt?

FurryWrecker911

SCCoA Member
Also what size is it?
13mm and 1/2 inch will not fit onto it, and 14mm or 9/16 seem to just cup over it?
Edit: It's 13. I managed to get a socket on it from the top after spraying it and wiping it down.

Been here an hour and a half and can't gain a foot-hold on this mfer.

Screenshot_20200524-191800_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
If you mean the bolt that goes thru a flange on the tube to the accy. bracket, I want to say 14mm or 15mm

Last edited:
If you mean the bolt that goes thru a flange on the tube to the accy. bracket, I want to say 14mm or 15mm

The one on the Accy bracket I got, and even removed the stud so I could pull the accy bracket, alt, and psp forward (made a threaded rod for the assembly to ride along to take the outlet pipe out). The one I'm talking about is the bolt that mounts the pipe to a bracket that subsequently mounts to the block. It's only purpose is to mount it to the block, I'm guessing as redundancy. I was able to hand-access the bolt from the topside and could fit a 13mm socket on it before promptly dropping it into the subframe. lol

Sadly there is a 0% chance of accessing it from the top and it makes me wonder why Ferd just didn't run the bolt in from the top instead of the bottom. Get a long enough extension and it's easy pickings. I don't even want to think about how much of a pain it'll be putting it back in later.

So, for tonight I soaked it in some PB, wiped away the grime and stuff. Tomorrow I'm going to try to go in from underneath again. There *is* a conveniently cut out hole in the subframe that is cut just large enough for a 13mm socket. Problem is it's to the left of the bolt by about 2-3 inches so I've been doing my darndest to get a 13mm deep socket, a swivel joint, and a 6 inch extension up in there. Maybe I need to ditch the deep socket and get a longer extension...

It's really heckin' tight quarters.

Last edited:
13mm sounds a bit too small for that much torque.

I've only gone after B once the power steering pump was out of the way. Helps to pull the battery, too.

I believe I've removed that bolt with a combination of two 1/4" swivels, and a couple of extensions. I think it is a 13mm bolt.

Back