Odd huckabuck recorded in log

Micahdogg

Ever since the latest combo (10 years ago?) my SC has had an odd huckabuck that it does usually soon after startup. It will fire, everything is ok, you go off driving and just a few miles away the car will start to jerk. Not too violently, but just a quick stuttering where it won't respond to anything. You give it more throttle and it doesn't go away. The annoying thing is that you can't accelerate. It happened on the interstate one time and I had to throw the clutch in at 75 and coast down to 45 before it finally went away. Then the car is normal again. Its super annoying, but finally recorded it in a log.

Its all the noise from 187 to 192. Green is rpm, pink is spark, purple is tps, brown is mph, blue is maf voltage. I'm leaning toward TPS spazzing out since it otherwise seems smooth until that point. And I'm sure as hell not hitting the throttle that rapidly. Just odd that it seems to occur so consistently after startup.

Micah

Attachments

• datalog01.png
    datalog01.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • datalog02.png
    datalog02.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
No that was another issue. My car runs on the cold side and that morning it was a bit crisp out, I hopped right on the interstate, cruising at low rpm, and I never got the ECT's high enough to switch out of open loop. So I was running rich until the point of fouling plugs. I think all Dave did was lower the threshold for coolant temp so it will switch to closed loop easier. Apparently all I had to do was hammer the throttle and get the car warmed up more, but I was driving like a granny that morning.

Back