upper ball joints replacement - pointers needed

sc.chicken96

I just had my car go through an inspection so I could find out everything possible wrong to fix!
Right now I am trying to source all the parts so I can get help throwing it all together.

One thing on my list is 'upper ball joints'

https://www.bluespringsfordparts.co...ne/front-suspension-cat/front-suspension-scat

using this I keep looking for upper ball joint, but terminology wise I only read lower ball joint in any diagram I have found-
keep in mind I am very much new to cars so I apologize if something obvious flew over my head. x__x

https://www.napacanada.com/en/p/PFW104108?

is another thing that "looks" right but again, all the different wording is throwing me off.
even a parts number to go off of if anyone knows!

I just purchased some uppers off rockauto for what felt like pennies on the dollar.

Right; prices look down from when I replaced mine. Been a while, tho, and figured if anything, they'd have gone up. All the more reason to buy best, if you can find them...and another reason to not fiddle w/ball-joints only.

Who makes the ones you just purchased?

already on it! thank you both!
which make/brand did you end up getting?

I purchased the MEVOTECH for $12. Nothing fancy here, car they're going on was otherwise destined for scrap so not going high end.

Several closeouts on RA. Perfect timing for my particular scenario.

-Tim

I've had some issues with rockauto suspension parts on my 97 tbird lx make sure you throughly wire brush the threads mine had some kind of coating I assume was to keep them from rusting while in a warehouse that caused issues getting the nut to tighten down so with a bench grinder with soft wire brush wheel lightly go over the threads and then make sure the nut will go all the way on. Had an issue with several rockauto parts where you couldn't get the nut all the way down

I just had my car go through an inspection so I could find out everything possible wrong to fix!
Right now I am trying to source all the parts so I can get help throwing it all together.

One thing on my list is 'upper ball joints'

I just upgraded my brakes and I replaced the whole upper control arm. I don't think you can just find the ball joint.

image0 (11).jpeg

I've had some issues with rockauto suspension parts on my 97 tbird lx make sure you throughly wire brush the threads mine had some kind of coating I assume was to keep them from rusting while in a warehouse that caused issues getting the nut to tighten down so with a bench grinder with soft wire brush wheel lightly go over the threads and then make sure the nut will go all the way on. Had an issue with several rockauto parts where you couldn't get the nut all the way down

noted! I ended up ordering the arms like people suggested to make life easier, and I will keep this in mind as well. Thank you everyone :)
I will keep you guys posted!

For those wondering which I chose, I got

Upper Control Arms:
MEVOTECH CMK8598
MEVOTECH CMK8596

and

Stabilizer Bar Link:
SKP SK8635

The difference in control arm was crazy!
They didn't come pre-greased however, So I had to steal a friends greasing gun tool thingy. (Very technical name ikr).

uppercontrolarms.jpg

I just replaced the control arms on my '90 with the same parts. How was your installation? Both boxes only came with one replacement bolt and nut causing me to return to O'Reilly's to correct the problem. I also ended up having to drill out an "access" hole to allow placement of a wrench on the nuts.

Back