1990 Mercury Cougar XR7 5 speed manual - Selling

alex12907

Hello. I have a 1990 Mercury Cougar XR7, 5 speed manual trans, red, black leather interior. My dad was the original owner and drove it as his primary car until 2006. Was garaged until he passed away in 2013 but at my house I have no garage room for it. Body is showing it with some rust and clear coat peeling. The interior leather in front is splitting, primarily on driver's side. Rear view mirror needs to be re-glued.

118,000 miles. My ex drove it occasionally and it was last inspected in 11/2017. Used dealer for maintenance then his local auto mechanic for many years. I don't have the funds to fix it up but I think someone out there might like the project. The ex loved to drive it but I couldn't bear to let him have it. See pics. Not sure of price, my neighbor has repeatedly asked about it but was unsure what to tell him for price. Help! image0.jpegimage3.jpegimage1.jpegimage6.jpegIMG_8238.jpg

Unfortunately these cars are not as desired as they should be and therefore don't bring the money we would like. Depending on the extent of the rust, and being this car has not been driven in some time and the cosmetics. It's hard to

fairly judge the car without seeing it in person but from what I can see and your description I would ask $1000.00 and take 8-750.00 It all comes down to what someone is willing to pay for it. Best of luck with the sale.

Phillip or Dave Dahlke would be the ones to contact.

Last edited:
Back