Coolant tank replacement or relocation?

FLbird

Guys,

My current coolant tank is in poor shape, locating one is being a challenge. As anyone used an aftermarket replacement and maybe relocated it?

Thanks

What year SC?

I have a few spare early style, not like new, but still serviceable.

I've looked at different ones, but I think it's better to stay stock if you can. Not a lot of room elsewhere and the shape is very specific. I think the design is important for it to do it's work properly.

What year SC?

I have a few spare early style, not like new, but still serviceable.

I've looked at different ones, but I think it's better to stay stock if you can. Not a lot of room elsewhere and the shape is very specific. I think the design is important for it to do it's work properly.

Mine is a 90. I've noticed there isn't much room at all for anything in these engine bays.

If the one you have works ok, not plugged/cracked, and you're just looking for something near new, I can't help much. I don't recall seeing one that leaked, just different degrees of stains/gunk. If yours is totally junked up and won't respond to cleaning, I might have something in better shape.

I toyed with the idea of using a late model tank, but it seemed to be more trouble than it was worth, starting with the tube on the neck needing to be on the other side to sit/look right.

PM me if you're interested.

Ken

If the one you have works ok, not plugged/cracked, and you're just looking for something near new, I can't help much. I don't recall seeing one that leaked, just different degrees of stains/gunk. If yours is totally junked up and won't respond to cleaning, I might have something in better shape.

I toyed with the idea of using a late model tank, but it seemed to be more trouble than it was worth, starting with the tube on the neck needing to be on the other side to sit/look right.

PM me if you're interested.

Ken

I've considered a late model one and putting it where the wiper fluid tank is.

See this thread/comment from me when this came up in the past:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthr...-Overflow-Bottle-Question&p=807176#post807176

...point is as long as you maintain the geometry of the expansion tank levels relative to the radiator, you should be fine.

Note one thing I've learned in the last 11 years since that thread, is that the level in the expansion tank should be set when HOT. Level when COLD can vary depending on ambient, etc., and is ok as long as the level isn't below COLD on the tank.

Back