Fuel pump issues

blue-94

I got my 94 SC back together and its running but running rough and I'm getting a code 542 (fuel pump secondary circuit fault) on both KOEO & KOER I checked the fuel pressure twice, 1st time 15lb with the key on then, when I started it, jumped to 32. It held pressure for a long time, like an hour it still had 20 lbs in it then I drained it. Waited for it to cool down then did the same thing Key on 15lb, started the motor and it stayed at about 19. So I'm thinking the pump is shot. I get other codes also but they are about being lean (172 & 136) KOER
SO
Here is my question
How hard is it to pull this pump outta the tank? Can you do it with the car on jack stands? Can one person do this?
Have any suggestions of what kit to buy? She is all stock.

Thanks for your time

Dave

I got my 94 SC back together and its running but running rough and I'm getting a code 542 (fuel pump secondary circuit fault) on both KOEO & KOER I checked the fuel pressure twice, 1st time 15lb with the key on then, when I started it, jumped to 32. It held pressure for a long time, like an hour it still had 20 lbs in it then I drained it. Waited for it to cool down then did the same thing Key on 15lb, started the motor and it stayed at about 19. So I'm thinking the pump is shot. I get other codes also but they are about being lean (172 & 136) KOER
SO
Here is my question
How hard is it to pull this pump outta the tank? Can you do it with the car on jack stands? Can one person do this?
Have any suggestions of what kit to buy? She is all stock.

Thanks for your time

Dave

Can be done on jack stands. Personally I found it far easier to cut an access hole under the rear seat and make a patch panel for access. Write ups floating around on here and tccoa and how to do either way.

-Tim

Thanks

Can be done on jack stands. Personally I found it far easier to cut an access hole under the rear seat and make a patch panel for access. Write ups floating around on here and tccoa and how to do either way.

-Tim
Thanks Tim
It wasn't bad at all.

Back