Reviving a 90 Super Coupe

FLbird

I recently picked this 90 SC Auto optioned with black leather and the factory JBL Premium Audio system with sub-woofer. The car has sat for 5 years, still starts and runs but needs a lot of attention. The first issue was the car had no brakes because the factory abs booster failed. That was the reason it was initially parked. I've decided to replace that unit with a vacuum booster and delete the abs all together. (I will update that as I go). From there i began tearing it down to find out my supercharger snout was shot, head gasket was ready to go, exhaust downpipes were gutted with questionable welds and my harmonic balancer was coming apart. Since that, Ive had the heads machined and rebuilt. MLS gaskets and ARP studs were acquired for those. I located a good used charger for the time being, new down pipes, new accessories, timing chain, water pump, BBK 70mm TB, 70mm MAF, short ram intake, 245/50r16 General G-Max RS, strip and paint everything. Ill keep updating with pictures.

tb1 .jpgtb2.jpgtb3.JPGtb4.jpgtb5.jpg

I'm slowly doing a similar process on a 95 SC auto. Mind sharing what paint you used on the Supercharger, looks close to OE.

Thanks and great work!

-Tim

Its from dulpicolor, New Ford Gray, I like it a lot. Its brighter than the original. I used aircraft paint stripper to remove the factory powder, sand and pressure wash.

Looking forward to how this turns out, thanks for sharing. Always nice to see another black SC survive.

Painted parts look nice so far, but pls. be careful with the heads - there are critical ground-dependant mount points that don't react well, and/or risk no-start, when compromised, specifically on the back of the driver side, and front of each.

Ken

Looking forward to how this turns out, thanks for sharing. Always nice to see another black SC survive.

Painted parts look nice so far, but pls. be careful with the heads - there are critical ground-dependant mount points that don't react well, and/or risk no-start, when compromised, specifically on the back of the driver side, and front of each.

Ken

I clean up all the grounds, I usually sand the paint of grounds.

Back