Nice day to drive my 91 SC

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
Seems like its been sitting in the garage for way too long and since this is the last day of Summer, I decided to drive it to work. Over the past couple years I've been doing a lot of stuff to the car to make it a more comfortable driver instead of fastest possible on the drag strip. New shocks, braided steel brake lines, Cobra rear brakes, new ABS accumulator, lower stall torque converter, new headers and new exhaust system and most recently reinstalling the AC that was removed in 2009. That included going to a full width griffin radiator, OEM 97 tbird fan and traditional FMIC instead of the smaller MP FMIC I was using. Also went back to 18" wheels for a little softer ride than the 20" wheels I had were providing.

It was really nice to be able to roll up the windows and turn on the AC to cruise down the highway and not have the exhaust booming in my ears.

91 SC 092120.jpg

Engine belts 082120.jpg

David

Last edited:
very nice man you sound like me

I learned a long time ago that I prefer street cruisers over drag cars.

Very clean car. I’m the same way now, I prefer more of a lighter modified driver than trying to get everything I can out of one. Just waiting on what’s going to break next with a all out modified car, but don’t get me wrong they are fun till they break. I’m still looking for one local myself.

Thanks guys ! Yesterday I added a polished aluminum WP pulley, did an oil & filter change and a quick polish job on all the other shiny stuff under the hood. Pretty much done except for adding a wire to the battery disconnect switch to kill ignition, but that can wait until spring.

SC Engine bay 100520.jpg

David

Looks really good man. I wish I had one, and was somewhere close to where you are with yours. So hard to find a good condition one close. Might have to go the shipping route, or fly in drive home. I’ve been reading some threw your build threads. The car has come a long way.

Looks good David. Where did you move the relay box to that is on the left side behind the OEM battery location?

Back