DIY Supercharger Plenum Nut Spanner Wrench Files

jb351

SCCoA Member
Finally picked up an SC and decided that I needed the decent fitting wrench for the large nut in lieu of blocks of wood, hammers etc. I didn't want to buy one so I made one instead, also I enjoy making things so this was just another excuse.
The size of the stock I used was 4" x 12" x 3/4" thick 6061 aluminum. I would have preferred steel but that is all I had to work with at the moment.

The design files are attached if anybody wants to make their own at some point. I cut it out on a CNC mill and filed the tab to fit as the cutter only roughed out that part. A few extra things on this one is that there is a bit of clearance on the inside for putting something thin around it to protect the finish, it also fits on the hex sides a bit and if you want some extra grabbing power on the outside of the wrench there are a series of flats that correspond with the slots in the nut. Drill and tap the center of these flats and thread in some bolts or set screws for some extra teeth. I'll post a picture when I get it cleaned up later.

wrench_v3_(1)_2020-Sep-24_03-04-00PM-000_CustomizedView45975653638.png

Edit: Photos

CAD files can be found here.
View attachment Wrench.zip

Last edited:
Get a spanner wrench like they use on fire hoses and grind the hook to fit the grooves. That’s what I have. We used the same style in the shipyard for waterside electrical connector ‘nuts’, both types have a hinge in the middle for use on a certain size range. Just for those that don’t have access to fab facilities.

Back