Head gasket?

35th

Alright trying to tackle a monster anyone ever seen on a 90 SC 5sp headgasket cause backfire?no antifreeze in oil no water out pipes no smoke replaced pretty much every sensor on the engine I know the head gasket is bad from a leak combustion test but I don't think it is causing the backfire and when I mean back fire I mean hard backfire blew the seam on my passenger Muffler doing 45mph in 5th not acclerelting

Attachments

• Resized_20200923_121757_20200923_122007.jpg
    Resized_20200923_121757_20200923_122007.jpg
    754.6 KB · Views: 140
Alright trying to tackle a monster anyone ever seen on a 90 SC 5sp headgasket cause backfire?no antifreeze in oil no water out pipes no smoke replaced pretty much every sensor on the engine I know the head gasket is bad from a leak combustion test but I don't think it is causing the backfire and when I mean back fire I mean hard backfire blew the seam on my passenger Muffler doing 45mph in 5th not acclerelting

All head gasket failures are different, I've blown many in 16 years and not often were they the same.

I'd park it and make the repairs or sell as it (since your daily posts sound like you're over it). Some where the air fuel mixture is off if you're getting back fires to that degree.

-Tim

I wanna keep it I love the car but really can't figure this part out I know I'll do the head gaskets and have the same issue I just don't know what else could cause this I've replaced cam and crank sensors dis mod plugs wires verified firing order and gap replace iac tps coolant sensors radiator waterpump upper lower and bypass hose ambient air charge sensor Im sure there is more I can't think of not getting any codes relavant to my issue oh yeah fuel pump and filter as well any suggestions what else to replace or check I've cleaned the MAF can't find any vacuum leaks and have replaced most of those lines

Not sure about that issue but if you have not bought them already the head gaskets are on wholesaler clearance at Rock Auto at the moment. I picked up a couple last week.

FEL-PRO 9262PT and FEL-PRO 9263PT. I paid $37 CAD each for them.

I'm gonna do the entire set so I can replace all the gaskets as I go without forgetting some gasket as if I bought them all separately and I found some felpro ones that aren't a bad price and I'll have to have the heads resurfaced and pressure tested to to be on the safe side I just wanna drive it don't care about showing it off or racing but if I'm off work and wanna go to the store I wanna know it'll get me there ya know

Back