Ecoboost

cntinuum

I was hoping to read about an Ecoboost installed into a SC. When I search on ecoboost, I found a thread on an ecoboost prototype Ford race car and another discussion that ended in 2017 about how it was too expensive and how big the engine was. There has to be 1000's of F150's that have been wrecked or damaged from storms that are available as reasonable priced donors. So the 10K for a crate motor and $1,600 for the control module are not the only options. I am sure some enterprising sole has done this. Where are they?

I have a 2016 2.7L F150 long box and just love it.
Dave

Great Interest Lack of Motivation

LOL, don't hold your breathe. The head gaskets on my '95 SC blew in 2010. The car still sits in the garage in pieces. When I pulled the heads, the block surface was damaged. I bought a '93 SC with 60K that had been wrecked to swap into the '95. It sits in front of the garage and gets started every once in awhile. It has become apparent to me that I will never muster up the energy to get the '95 back on the road. Someone in the Pacific NW that is fond of SC's will be getting quite a collection of parts and 2 cars in the future when I finally post an ad. I am 71 years old and have chosen to put my energy into remodeling my beach house and dreaming of the day I build on my lot that has an ocean view. I will just admire the work of others in the car building area. I might do the maintenance that is needed on my '97 Mustang GT that has a SVO supercharger on it. It was a Car & Driver long term test vehicle. July 1999 issue has a recap of the car.

LOL, don't hold your breathe. The head gaskets on my '95 SC blew in 2010. The car still sits in the garage in pieces. When I pulled the heads, the block surface was damaged. I bought a '93 SC with 60K that had been wrecked to swap into the '95. It sits in front of the garage and gets started every once in awhile. It has become apparent to me that I will never muster up the energy to get the '95 back on the road. Someone in the Pacific NW that is fond of SC's will be getting quite a collection of parts and 2 cars in the future when I finally post an ad. I am 71 years old and have chosen to put my energy into remodeling my beach house and dreaming of the day I build on my lot that has an ocean view. I will just admire the work of others in the car building area. I might do the maintenance that is needed on my '97 Mustang GT that has a SVO supercharger on it. It was a Car & Driver long term test vehicle. July 1999 issue has a recap of the car.

I work in Vancouver (off of 4th Plain) - Let me know if you need any help. I did the engine complete on my 91 SC "Thumper" in the space of 2 months and a couple of weekends. If i had waited it would still be in my driveway as well.

Would love to swing by one day, even if it just to chat.

Last edited:
I work in Vancouver (off of 4th Plain) - Let me know if you need any help. I did the engine complete on my 91 SC "Thumper" in the space of 2 months and a couple of weekends. If i had waited it would still be in my driveway as well.

Would love to swing by one day, even if it just to chat.

Sent you a PM

Back