The Big E thread!

davec73

SCCoA Member
Well fellas Tim Groth stumbled upon some parts for sale in North Carolina where The Big E is from. I havnt seen him on the forums for quite some time but Tim knows his place and when he arrived to get parts he knew it was Eds place and his cars but the guy selling the parts was not Ed and claimed not to know him lol. Other members through some detailed research seemed to verify that he is alive but has anyone else seen or heard anything from him?

So ill expand on this a little. If anyone has heard from Eddie aka the big e please post it up. Curiosity really has the best of me.

Many may remember the big e he was a pretty much on the forums from 2002-2014. He had 20 some SCs most of that time and either fixed or parted out his cars over those years. In 2005 I traveled down to Rock Hill SC (just outside of Charlotte) and bought some needed parts. In 2006 he bought a car of mine that blew a head gasket and I think my last interaction with him was around 2012 again in Rock hill in person.

While browsing Craigslist I stumbled upon someone selling SC parts on the Charlotte NC CL. Said $1500 for all of the items listed and it included MP2, mp plemun, 90mm tb, 4 other blowers, complete engine several parts etc. Basically a steal of a deal. Ive been looking for a long block so figured I'd reach out. Set up an appointment to buy some parts and I traveled down. At this point someone had snagged all the hipo stuff for pennies i am sure.

When given the address where the sale was to happen from the CL seller I googled it and had a moment of deja vu...and well upon arrival I knew with 80% certainty it was the place.

When bartering with the guy via text I asked him of he was the big e...told me never heard of him. I told him in person I've been here before you sure you dont know eddie...same no idea who he is reply. Then I knew I certainly had the right thoughts when a red hood I sold Eddie was there. At this point the guy shifted conversation when I asked him if he was sure he didn't know what I was saying.

Again I thought maybe still a 10% chance I was wrong so I used the forums to slooth things out you might say. Sure enough the pictures of some of his cars for sale and flock pictures are of this place.

Now the place at some points had 20 SCs but guy has no idea who he is...just seems off to me. I'm pretty sure I just bought some of his old stuff and not sure if it was really forsale.

Again if anyone knows details I'd love to know. The guy said his brother may know him...but to me again if that much stuff is on the property you'd have to have some understanding of who it belongs to.

Also think he was trying to sell the white xr7 Eddie had with blown headgaskets.

-Tim

I know Ed sold alot of parts and even helped Chris Wise get his car back up and going on the inaugural epic drive with the help of the old coot.

I know Ed sold alot of parts and even helped Chris Wise get his car back up and going on the inaugural epic drive with the help of the old coot.

Pretty sure we tracked down Ed and Chris Wise bought a used ABS brake system from him on the way to the starting point of Hot Rod Power around 2017. I think we met up with him at a hotel in North Carolina near Zmax track.

David

Pretty sure we tracked down Ed and Chris Wise bought a used ABS brake system from him on the way to the starting point of Hot Rod Power around 2017. I think we met up with him at a hotel in North Carolina near Zmax track.

David

That's right David

Its crazy that somone is selling his stuff from his home that doesnt know him....

Eddie stored his cars at his friend's mothers house, this also is something Big E said in one of his posts. So thats where I went on both occasions.

Again however if I parked 20 SCs at one of your mothers homes, you lived near by etc I think you'd be aware who had that many cars at their moms location?

Still feels off he doesn't know him...I just hope Eddie is doing well, he was always a stand up guy towards me.

-Tim

I'm baaaaack...

I know its been a while since I've been on here.....

A lot of things going on, some good, some bad....

I remember doing the ABS motor swap out in the parking lot of that hotel.....

Lots of good memories.....

Anyway, due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to liquidate all my SCs.....

However, I still have all kinds of parts left over and collected over the years.....

I've got a dash from a 91 bird that I need to sell along with a set of 4 SC tires and rims....

Lots of exterior and interior trim parts too....

A lot of things going on, some good, some bad....

I remember doing the ABS motor swap out in the parking lot of that hotel.....

Lots of good memories.....

Anyway, due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to liquidate all my SCs.....

However, I still have all kinds of parts left over and collected over the years.....

I've got a dash from a 91 bird that I need to sell along with a set of 4 SC tires and rims....

Lots of exterior and interior trim parts too....

Never been so happy to see someone post on here. Glad you're doing alright.

-Tim

Good news!

Glad your alie and well Ed. Im super happy that guy isnt selling your stuff while he had you burried in the back yard lol

I often wondered what happened to you! Went for really active on the forums and always had a part someone was looking for to just disappeared. I even made the trip to your place once to get some parts. Went for a M5R2, came home with a set of ported manifolds, and front and real bumper and several other miscellaneous parts.

Glad you're still kicking somewhere. I'll sleep well tonight not wondering what's up. :p

Back