Throwout bearing removal from slave cylinder

ricardoa1

Any tips on how to remove replace a throwout bearing? Does it just pry off? I forget how to do this I usually just do the whole thing.

I've got one I just swapped out. I just went out there and if you turn the bearing housing (part that clips on) about 1/4 turn clockwise it pops right off. I always swap to a Timken bearing instead of the cheap one that comes on the slave.

I've got one I just swapped out. I just went out there and if you turn the bearing housing (part that clips on) about 1/4 turn clockwise it pops right off. I always swap to a Timken bearing instead of the cheap one that comes on the slave.

Thank you I’ll give it a shot

I saw a video on youtube. Think it was on a vet of camaro, but it was like JCO said, just turn it a little and it pops off.

Mine was a little tough to get off most likely from age but the diagram KMT posted is correct or at least it's how mine on my 90 SC works

Ok it’s not brute but does take some trick, when you rotate the plastic you hit a stop. Left or right. While pressing on the unit turn past the stops, and it will pop out. New one goes on easier, on the unknown bearing unit it was a bear to accomplish, the new timken style one was easier to remove and install. I was scared to turn it past the stops but that’s what releases the lock.

Back