WTB Vehicle Maintenance Monitor (VMM) 89-93

yayo_ayala

Hi I am looking for a Vehicle Maintenance Monitor for a Thunderbird 89-93. Any conditions, I am mainly looking for the side clips.

Clip

Hi guys, I primarily looking for the clip. Hopefully if you don't have the full system, you have just the clip. thanks.

20190709_202944__54322.1562731636.jpg

Hi everyone
I'm also looking for a Vehicle Maintenance Monitor (89-93), neither TBSC nor the performance shop have one on stock. Does anyone know a different address or does anyone have one for sale?
Any ideas are appreciated, many thanks!

Fabian

I'm located in Switzerland, so auto wrecker is difficult. Nothing on ebay (at least nothing shows up/nothing that ships overseas) either... :-( A couple of weeks ago I have set up a search so I will get a mail if something shows up.

That's very kind of you, thanks a lot! The cosmetic condition is not very important as I can use the display cover/front from my broken one which is in mint condition. All I need is a working circuit board/display. Actually a working/correctly programmed chip would suffice already because this is what actually is broken on mine. I had it tested by an electronics engineer, he would be able to get the chip, cannot program it though.

That's very kind of you, thanks a lot! The cosmetic condition is not very important as I can use the display cover/front from my broken one which is in mint condition. All I need is a working circuit board/display. Actually a working/correctly programmed chip would suffice already because this is what actually is broken on mine. I had it tested by an electronics engineer, he would be able to get the chip, cannot program it though.

Fabian, did you find a replacement? I've found that the outer plastic casing for the VMM is usually what fails, and the actual circuitry still works just fine. Through the years, I've replaced a few of mine for that reason (usually, the failure points are the plastic tabs on the front cover that hold the metal clips). If your outer casing and clips are fine, I probably still have working circuit boards around here somewhere.

By the way, would love to see pix of your bird. I've known of mn12's exported to the UK, Deutschland, Spain, and Russia. But Switzerland is new to me.

Tschüss!

Hello / Hallo ;-)

No, I haven't been able to get hold of one unfortunately... I wrote a couple of people but they didn't even write back. The plastic holders are broke but I neatly taped it together with the housing and it clicked as it should inserting it and it seats neatly in its place, so I think the outer plastic and the clips shouldn't be a problem. Or Is there some electrical contact with the outer casing? I had the circuitry tested by an electronics guy and he said the chip is dead. He said he could even repair it if he just had a programmed chip. So yes, I think the circuit board needs to be replaced, what do you think?

If you could find one or two that would be great, it's depressing to see that dead display every time I drive the car. What would you like to have for one and do you have PayPal?

You can see pictures of my Super Coupe in Switzerland here: https://us-fords.ch/thunderbird-super-coupe-1990/
It's all written in German but with Deepl translator you get pretty good results these days if you're interested in the story about the car. It was exported to Germany in 2011 and I imported it to Switzerland late last year. Last week I made a 1'000 miles + road trip through France (I have it in a garage and drive it once a week otherwise) without the slightest problem, it didn't lose a drop of oil. And it drives just beautifully. So a working VMM would make me really happy to have everything working 100%.

Missing the side clips like majority of em...otherwise it's all there.

I pulled it from the pick n save so I'm not sure if it works and I do not have 89-93 gen birds.

Let me know.

-Tim

Attachments

• 16613434478726670306020018631674.jpg
    16613434478726670306020018631674.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 8
Hey Tim, that looks good to me! What would you want for it? Since we don't know if it's actually working I could also pay you for the shipment in advance and then pay the rest after I checked if it's in working order. Otherwise I would take the risk on me as I might still be able to use the chip, which is the culprit in mine.

I'll PM you my address and you can also write directly to fomoco (at) us-fords.ch.

@CaifanSC: I would still take a circuit board from you for spare or in case Tim's is not working.

Hey Tim, that looks good to me! What would you want for it? Since we don't know if it's actually working I could also pay you for the shipment in advance and then pay the rest after I checked if it's in working order. Otherwise I would take the risk on me as I might still be able to use the chip, which is the culprit in mine.

I'll PM you my address and you can also write directly to fomoco (at) us-fords.ch.

@CaifanSC: I would still take a circuit board from you for spare or in case Tim's is not working.

If fine shipping it making sure it works and then going from there.

-Tim

Hi everyone
I'm still looking for a 89-93 VMM, condition doesn't matter. Is there anyone who has one and is willing to send it to Switzerland (USPS)? I would pay in advance of course.
Or if anyone knows someone or some place, any help would be highly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!
Best Regards, Fabian

Hello All
I have the broken clip problem but unit working fine. Someone suggested electrical tape? Any other ideas???
Thanks!
Craig 89 cougar 5sp supercharged

Hi I am looking for a Vehicle Maintenance Monitor for a Thunderbird 89-93. Any conditions, I am mainly looking for the side clips.
If you have plastic clips you can use superglue and right after put baking powder and it will get super hard just another option in case you don't find a spare part

Back