1992 5-speed SC Red 130k - $2800 obo SOLD

David R.

CAR HAS BEEN SOLD, THANKS

The time has come to part with my super coupe. I've owned this car for 8 years and it just sits in the garage anymore. It needs a couple things, but to anyone in the market is going to be hard pressed to find a better car to work with--particularly in terms of rust, body condition, and especially interior shape.

Car came from L.A., and has zero rust anywhere.

Previous owner:
He bought the car in 2003 and essentially did a restoration at that time. He owned an upholstery shop and completely redid everything in the interior. recovered seats, carpet, headliner, dash, send the radio and cd players off to be refurbished (I have a bag somewhere with the old leaky capacitors that were replaced with reciepts), rebuilt shifter, etc., etc., etc. Professional job, probably better than factory, and as a result the car is very quiet inside. Any panel you pull off, you'll find tape, and foam anywhere something could rub. I was always impressed by the attention to detail he had, and really tried to maintain that effort. He also went through the whole car and replaced about any electronic or wearable part that might need service. Somewhere I have a stack of receipts in just NOS Ford Parts that totals over $13K.

He also lowed the car with eibachs and konis, and put the wheels you see in the pics. Tint was done then too, and has held up great.

Maintenance I've done:
-Head gaskets: ARP studs, decked heads, reseated valves with new valve guides, etc.
-motor mounts
-complete power steering overhaul: replaced rack with rack doctor rack, motorcraft pump, every single hose with motorcraft or gates. Everything in the whole system except the cooler, which was cleaned thoroughly. Somehow still has a very slow leak, but if you drive it somewhat regularly, it stays bled and works great.
-replaced electric fan motor.
-little stuff like drivers window motor, driver seat switch, belts, hoses

Upgrades I've done:
-Quarterhorse installed--I'll give you my license dongle so you can see the stock tune it has (other than fan temp settings)
-180 tstat, with Quarterhorse fan settings adjusted to accomodate
-3.27 pumpkin out an auto car
-kooks mid length headers, and true dual 2.5 exhaust. Borla mufflers and resonator that I think sound like crap, but to each their own.
-Innovate wideband
-pretty little autometer gauges on the a pillar
-converted to late model keyless entry system which allows for use of a key fob as well as door keypad. I think I have a second fob somewhere, too. plug and play conversion, original module comes with the car

Things I know it needs:
-Biggest problem is when I took it out to take pic the brake pedal decided to get hard. This has never happened to me before, so I was thrilled about this. ABS light is on, I didn't troubleshoot much with it.
-sunroof motor--replacement one comes with the car. I'll throw it in if I get the time.
-passenger window motor--replacement one comes with the car. I know I wont have time for that
-boost gauge line is probably cracked somewhere, as it doesnt move much. Car doesnt show any signs of a vacuum leak though, and runs great.
-rear bumper cover needs replaced--comes with a replacement cover just needs paint
-passenger foreword and backward seat switch, and lumbar release doesnt work
-the paint really needs to be buffed, or im guessing redone if you're picky. Its not peeling yet though. The front fender has a small ding that happened to the previous owner in his garage. Other than that, the only body (next to mediocre paint) is the rear bumper cover, as described.

Various Pros:
-I ran through and confirmed most little things work great: all drivers seat functions (lumber and bolsters included), passenger seat functions except the forward and back and lumbar release), auto headlights, AC blows cold, auto climate control, radio, cd player, sub, and all JBL speakers, cruise control
-shifts very smooth. shifter was rebuilt by previous owner and feels new. Has a new shift knob on it too, of course.
-ZERO dash, seat, or any other interior cracks or tears. The carpet is plush and the car has spent most of its time indoors since interior was redone.
-California car moved to Colorado and rarely driven in winter = ZERO rust
-rubber seals look great: door seals, trunk seal, rear window and windshield seals, hood rubber bumpers, all that stuff looks to be replaced and in great shape.
-The interior is ridiculously nice. There are only a small handful of cars on here that would compare with its condition--and those guys have spend a pretty penny to make their cars so nice.

I had a late model blower, 42# injectors, and DIC on the car for about 500 miles. Never got the tune quite right, so I never really hammered it during that time. Those parts have been removed and returned to stock now, with the stock tune restored. Car comes with some parts pictured, the guy before me kept all the stock parts he took off the car to replace with NOS parts, and most of them look to still be functional. I have a lot of other parts I've acquired over the years, that I'll be listing separately but would absolutely make a package deal to anyone interested. Everything pictured in this ad goes with the car.

That's about all the details I've got. Let me know if you have any questions. Hopefully this sale times out well with someone out there looking for a a car that doesnt need much more than a little brake work and fresh paint to be flawless. Thanks!

Asking price reduced to $2800 obo.

Attachments

• 20201031_134954.jpg
    20201031_134954.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 877
  • 20201031_133715.jpg
    20201031_133715.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 878
  • Inked20201031_134926_LI.jpg
    Inked20201031_134926_LI.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 855
  • 20201031_133650.jpg
    20201031_133650.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 848
  • 20201031_134914.jpg
    20201031_134914.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 856
Last edited:
Looked around some more, and decided I was asking too much. Asking price reduced from 3500 to 3000. I cant stress how nice this car is, it doesnt need much to be perfect. Want it to go to someone who will appreciate it, so feel free to make me an offer. Thanks.

Interest

Looked around some more, and decided I was asking too much. Asking price reduced from 3500 to 3000. I cant stress how nice this car is, it doesnt need much to be perfect. Want it to go to someone who will appreciate it, so feel free to make me an offer. Thanks.

I have an interest, checking on shipping costs. Thanks.

Chris d
540-226-4704

I apologize for the delay, I was on a last minute work trip the last week. I just sent both of you a text so you have my contact info.

Would like to buy this car.

Not asking for any personally identifying information, but if the buyer of this car doesnt come through, or they would like to sell this car specifically for a profit. I would be more than obliged to offer say $4000.00, $5000.00 (maybe more) if we can get it delivered to Sacramento, California? Just a thought, if anyone has a 92-93 in similar shape, that wouldnt be a price i found unreasonable. Maybe more if the car is in great shape. Thank you.

Not asking for any personally identifying information, but if the buyer of this car doesnt come through, or they would like to sell this car specifically for a profit. I would be more than obliged to offer say $4000.00, $5000.00 (maybe more) if we can get it delivered to Sacramento, California? Just a thought, if anyone has a 92-93 in similar shape, that wouldnt be a price i found unreasonable. Maybe more if the car is in great shape. Thank you.

Hi MrLuniZ - I am planning to sell my 93 SC 5-speed teal (very rare color) in similar or better condition. It was painted last year and had extensive work done to it (all new bushings, paint, engine has been gone through, etc.). If interested, email me at smms25@aol.com

Back