Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1989 Thunderbird sc won't crank over

Quote Originally Posted by 35th View Post
    No the alarm is literally just a siren it'll cause the horn to sound and that's pretty much it I can't rember but I don't think the lights even flash when they are in panic certainly doesn't turn the fuel pump off or kill the starter unless you have any sort of aftermarket alarm and then it would certainly be down to installation of that aftermarket system
    Not quite, at least for 1991 and even later.

My 1991 stopped starting when that wire melted in the harness down by the driver's side from the front to the anti-theft module.

1994 shows the "Starter Interrupt Relay" in the starter circuit IF you have the anti-theft module.

I'll have to pull my books; but I'd check section 112; for a 1994, the relevant part is 112-2 .

RwP

Quote Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
    Not quite, at least for 1991 and even later.

My 1991 stopped starting when that wire melted in the harness down by the driver's side from the front to the anti-theft module.

1994 shows the "Starter Interrupt Relay" in the starter circuit IF you have the anti-theft module.

I'll have to pull my books; but I'd check section 112; for a 1994, the relevant part is 112-2 .

RwP
    Yes my sc has a starter interrupt relay not sure where it is messed up exactly but I'm at the point where I'm gonna start jumping wires. Wish someone had a reference to a thread about the alarm system in these cars maybe a way to go through and remove it all or bypass it all.

Good morning

Might be a good idea to get a year specific car shop manual and a EVTM in the near future.

If you have the Anti-Theft Module it will be located in the trunk driver side attached under the triangle panel. The panel should identify three components;

(1) Keyless Entry Processor.

(2) Actuator assembly.

(3) Anti-Theft Control Module. The Module will be the closest to the panel 2 two rear black push pins.

For a no crank condition suspecting the Anti-Theft Module and or wiring try the following.

The Anti-Theft Module has 2 connectors. One connector has 20 pins. The other has 26. This is the connector you want. Disconnect from the module. Step on the brake and try a start. No start try this.

If I understand Anti-Theft Protection System in the 1990 Thunderbird/Cougar Car Shop Manual and as the post # 4 from the below thread disconnect from Anti-Theft Module and jumper Connector pins 11 or 12 (Starter Interrupt Input) to pin 13 or 24 (Starter Interrupt Output). Again step on brake and try a start.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...-s-the-problem

I figured it out bad clutch switch. Still not getting fuel but now it will crank over atleast and no lights are on when cranking over

Disregard this post. I was thinking of something else.
    Last edited by Jimmy 2Coupes; 12-16-2020 at 12:51 PM.
    SCCoA Member # 490 since 1997
    1995 SC (five speed) [email protected]
    Best 60' 1.7489

1994 SC (automatic) [email protected]
    Best 60' 1.8539 On a stock long block with bolt on's
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage.p...ge_view&id=638

Change fuel pump to new 255lph pump clean tank jumped clutch now she's running this cars cool stoked got it running thanks for the help

Just wanted to let everyone know the reason it wouldnt turn over was because the floor mat was pushed to far up blocking the clutch from pushing all the way to the floor I didn't figure it out until after I took it to a shop that couldnt figure it out hahahaha
    The little things you over look sometimes