17 or 18 inch rims for performance tires on stock hubs and spindles

Rick_Leuce

Hello,

I am seeking a set of 17 or 18 inch rims for one of my Supercoupes. I want my Supercoupe to have real performance tires, but I cant find any good tires that fit stock SC rims (but I may compromise).

I would prefer rims that closely resemble the look of stock SC rims, or at least I want them to not be obviously different from stock rims while the vehicle is moving. I’d put on minivan rims if they were 17 or 18 inches and fit the lug pattern on the stock hubs/spindles.

However, if its not too expensive or difficult, I would be willing to swap the hubs and spindles if it opens up my options and/or is the only way to get a good rim that almost looks stock. Preferably silver painted rims that dont have thin spokes; maybe even Bullitt wheels. Performance is the ultimate goal, followed by affordability. I’ll spray paint them rattle-can silver if I have to; but Id rather not.

-Rick Leuce

I think that Ford Fusion rims fit stock spindles/hubs with a set of spacers but I could be wrong. There are lots of them out there in 17" and 18" in various styles.

Hello,

I've never tried to put anything but Thunderbird/Cougar/MKVIII rims on my Supercoupe, so let me know if there's something I'm missing.

I found these rims and think they don't look too bad.
I was mostly hunting for rims that fit my lug/bolt pattern, that were 17/18 inches, and that were aluminum. I don't know what to look out for as far as clearance or whether or not I would need a spacer. The price seems kind of high for economy car OEM rims, but maybe if I found one in a scrapyard I could pounce on it and get a good deal.

2016 Ford Fusion
18 inch aluminum
5 lug 108mm bolt pattern
55mm offset width 8 inches

https://www.autorimshop.com/catalog...-LoQYop03FCITd9SnT-g1AzqBIKwlWs0aArkhEALw_wcB

What are you considering real perf tires? My car did well on some Bridgestone All seasons at the track and on the dragon in the 225 60 16 size.

Hello,

I've never tried to put anything but Thunderbird/Cougar/MKVIII rims on my Supercoupe, so let me know if there's something I'm missing.

I found these rims and think they don't look too bad.
I was mostly hunting for rims that fit my lug/bolt pattern, that were 17/18 inches, and that were aluminum. I don't know what to look out for as far as clearance or whether or not I would need a spacer. The price seems kind of high for economy car OEM rims, but maybe if I found one in a scrapyard I could pounce on it and get a good deal.

2016 Ford Fusion
18 inch aluminum
5 lug 108mm bolt pattern
55mm offset width 8 inches

https://www.autorimshop.com/catalog...-LoQYop03FCITd9SnT-g1AzqBIKwlWs0aArkhEALw_wcB

I have a 2017 Fusion with 18" rims and just recently swapped them for the winter tires/wheels so I was able to trial fit one on my 93. I was only able to try the front while the front end is up on axel stands. A spacer is 100% required as the rim was approximately 1/2" away from seating on the hub before the wheel hit the top part of the spindle. When it comes time to get larger wheels I think the spacers/Fusion rims are probably what I will do myself.

Back