Daytime running light harness delete?

Mercutio

SCCoA Member
Is it possible to delete the daytime running light harness without causing any problems?

I was doing some work under the front bumper cover of the SC and found a harness that just terminates in a plug. The part number of the plug is F0EB-14A624-A. Google results from some Mustang forums said this PN is for a cap that terminates the DRL harness on cars without DRLs. However, some people say it may be necessary for completing the circuit on other systems.

Anyone know if I can just get rid of the whole thing?

I'm not the best at interpreting electrical diagrams, but I went through the 1994 wiring schematic and EVTM, and there's one wire that I think may be a problem. Not sure.

This is right at the beginning of the wiring schematic after the TOC, frames 2-4. It looks to me as if the purple/orange wire splices into another purple/orange wire from the washer fluid level sensor, which also connects to the engine coolant level sensor and then ultimately to pin 31 on the firewall connector. This is right at the beginning of the schematic after the TOC, frames 2-4.

The DRL harness is section 97-2no the EVTM and it looks as if purple/orange is the key on power wire.
Can anyone else who has a 94 schematic/EVTM take a look and see if you agree? If I'm wrong, please let me know. Assuming I'm correct:

Does anyone have an opinion on whether I can snip the purple/orange wire from the DRL harness at the splice, or would that cause a problem with one of the connected sensors?

From looking at the DRL connector itself, I don't think the plug completes a circuit on that wire, but again, wiring isn't my strong suit.

If anyone has a few minutes to think this one over I'd appreciate it.

Back