2021 Midwest Spring Meet and Road Rally (revised rally starting time 033121)

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Jacob Royer and Bill Evanoff (from Super Coupe Performance) invite you to the first Midwest Spring Meet & Road Rally on Friday April 9th through Sunday the 11th, 2021. Assuming the Wuhan virus has not morphed us into zombies by then we welcome you to come in your Thunderbird, Cougar, Mark VIII's, or whatever you wish to bring! All cars are welcome!

The main event will be a free road rally on Saturday the 10th. This not to be missed event begins in Derby, Indiana at 11am. Our group will be joining with others at the free Shakyleg Spring Road Rally event that is put on by a couple of car enthusiasts in the area so there is guaranteed to be a diversified group.
In years past the driving distance has varied between 190 to 230 miles around the amazing roads of Southern Indiana. Pre-planned food stops will bring us together throughout the day. Most of us likely have never ran a Road Rally but it's a sure thing you will have an absolute blast and a this is going to be a great way to enjoy our terrific handling rides.

On Friday the 9th there will also be a cruise-in from the host hotel to West End Drags in Salem Indiana where we can run 1/8th mile Test and Tune passes and/or race each other! Pricing for this is expected to be $15 per car. The track will have good food and beverages on site.

Full details have yet to be worked out but we would like to have a small car show likely Sunday morning. We may combine the car show with an outing to Go Kart racing at French Lick Indoor Karting on Sunday.

There are many dinning and hotel options in French Lick, Indiana including a hotel with an indoor water park! There are lots of stuff for spouses and kids to do if they aren't into the car thing! If you can bring an SC that's great but I understand that many of these 30 year old cars may need some love to be reliable for an event like this so other cars are welcome! There will be no registration fees for this event! Custom event T shirts will be available around $20 each. This will be a great opportunity for a fun low cost weekend to enjoy the cars we love and most of all the wonderful people who own them!

Mark this on your calendar and we hope to see you there and more details will be posted as they come available!

April 9th

**Arive at host hotel **

Comfort Suites French Lick

9530 West State Road 56, French Lick, IN, 47432, US

**7:30pm dinner**

Legendz sports bar French lick indiana

8695 W Jack Carnes Way #6, French Lick, IN 47432

April 10th

**7am Breakfast**

Nila's Place

8371 IN-56, West Baden Springs, IN 47469

**8:15am cruise to rally start point **

Derby market
Derby indiana

**9am (french lick time) Road rally starts**

**7pm??(TBD by rally end time) Dinner stop**

Porkys BBQ Paoli IN

711 W Main St, Paoli, IN 47454

**Cruise to Shakeburger for ice cream **

Shakeburger Driveinn

1399 W Main St, Paoli, IN 47454

**Awards at host hotel parking lot**

April 11th

**11am Go Kart racing**

French Lick/West Baden Springs Indoor Karting

8331 IN-56, West Baden Springs, IN 47469

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like tons of fun, can't wait. I'm definitely in, should be a nice cruise there to get there too...

After polling several people, I have decided to remove drag racing from the event. I just don't see many people actually participating and think a Friday cruise to somewhere cool for dinner would be more suitable for most attendees. Friday evening was the only day that works with the track, this kind of stinks because its logistically difficult for people coming from far away! At the end of the day I'd much rather see people drive and enjoy their cars than trailer them to the event! I will come up with something good for Friday and close to the host hotel!

Im not a moron and i have nothing to prove man too little drive time on it i will probably trailer it there just in case something breaks

I can't commit yet, but I'm going to try to make it out to this. I need to do something to get away from the depressing craziness that has been all around me for the last 8 months.

Count me in.

Haven't been on SCCOA in a while and just saw this.

Count me in, I love these type of events!

Smitty

Jacob,

Are you planning to block some rooms at a hotel in French Lick so we are all staying same place or is everyone on their own ?

Thanks, David

Jacob,

Are you planning to block some rooms at a hotel in French Lick so we are all staying same place or is everyone on their own ?

Thanks, David

It's in the works for some reason the original hotel I wanted to work with never calls you back on blocking rooms so looking into another one currently so we can all be in the same place

Plenty of availability for our dates at the comfort suites in French lick. Standard weekend rate of 159/169 depending on room. I cant block anything until sat when the manager is working but the lady I talked to said if we block 10 rooms it should get us a 105$ rate so I will post something as soon as I have it set in stone.

Ok here is the deal... nobody will work with us on any kind of a discount so if you are going book a room you need to do it soon! There is some sort of cheer event in town that weekend and rooms are filling up quickly! We are going to TRY to all be at the Comfort Suites in French lick Indiana so we can at least all hang out together.

Comfort Suites
9530 IN-56, French Lick, IN 47432

812-788-7018

Back